Signal to 129 in Los Angeles/Orange County

KenSoren said:
I've seen rain fade once here in Yucaipa and that was with a major thunderstorm developing almost directly overhead. That was the only time in my 5 years with dish. We didn't get much rain until we were in bed last night and then it was not bad enough to cause any dish problems.

Do you have the d1000? If so, what signal strength do you see for 110 and 119? I'm having one installed on the 29th and am curious as to what to expect. I know that 129 is weak and I will ask that my old d500 be used for 129, but I don't know if I want the second d500 used for 110/119, or if the new d1000 will work good enough. Thanks in advance for any infor you can offer.
I would go ahead and let Dish Network install the D1000 for the 110 & 119 satellites as you should get good reception for the 110 & 119 sats. You can have an "I" adapter installed on the D500 dish and have them remove the 129 LNB from the D1000 & install on the D500 for a dedicated 129 sat dish. Later when they get some help for the E*5 sat or a replacement sat at the 129 location you should be able to have the 129 LNB from the dedicated sat reinstalled back on the D1000 so you could remove the D500 dish from being used if you wish.

KenSoren said:
I've seen rain fade once here in Yucaipa and that was with a major thunderstorm developing almost directly overhead. That was the only time in my 5 years with dish. We didn't get much rain until we were in bed last night and then it was not bad enough to cause any dish problems.

Do you have the d1000? If so, what signal strength do you see for 110 and 119? I'm having one installed on the 29th and am curious as to what to expect. I know that 129 is weak and I will ask that my old d500 be used for 129, but I don't know if I want the second d500 used for 110/119, or if the new d1000 will work good enough. Thanks in advance for any infor you can offer.

Yeah I have the 1000, i get good signals on 110 /119 90s - 100s (off the top of my head, never was concerned with that) 129 i range from high 50's to low 80s depending on TP i'm on... so i'd imagine a dedicated dish would allow me to lock a better signal... but i'm also sure that when echo x is fully fired up they'll move a sat over to help the limping 129, I don't think they'd be pushing HD so much and then not have a plan to fix the HD sat...

delivering satellite tv is complex and lets give dish credit where credit is due (not on their prices... because they are way too high) but at least they (attempt to) provide us with new technology (622 & mpeg4 & 3 sat dish...) and are working on making their service better...

abricko said:
Yeah I have the 1000, i get good signals on 110 /119 90s - 100s

Great! I'll have the d1000 set up for 110/119 and keep the d500 dedicated for 129.

I agree that dish can't let the 129 sat problem go for too long. There are lots of angry customers on the west coast that have bought the new HD sets and can't get the HD channels.

Anyway - thanks for answering my question!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)