Significantly Viewed is HERE for Baltimore and Albany GA

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
I would recommend that Baltimore and Albany, GA locals subscribers on Dish check channels 66-68 on their dish receivers or punch in channel 6200. See what happens.

See www.dishchannelchart.com for details. :) Then go to the Dish Network web site and see if you are in the SV area. :)

See ya
Tony

It's plain as day on the locals page

there's now 4 baltimore markets...

Albany, GA SV1*

Baltimore, MD SV1*
Baltimore, MD SV2*
Baltimore, MD SV3*

Oh great. If they are going in alphabetical order, I'll be almost last. Nice to finally see progress, though!

Next to channels look like:

KMOV and KSDK from St. Louis are now mirrored on channels 6241 and 6242.(ANON) Not available to subscribers yet.

What SV market would those go to?

BFG said:
Next to channels look like:

KMOV and KSDK from St. Louis are now mirrored on channels 6241 and 6242.(ANON) Not available to subscribers yet.

Springfield, MO is close. Might go there.

Wait, I just realized something. DISH isn't charging for these channels? They're just included in the locals package? They charge for Superstations so I just assumed they would charge for SV channels too.

BFG said:

Counties listed by the FCC - (Station may already be a local in some of the counties listed.)

KMOV
IL: Bond, Calhoun, Clay, Clinton, Fayette, Greene, Jefferson, Jersey, Macoupin, Madison, Marion, Monroe, Montgomery, Perry, Randolph, St Clair, Washington
MO: Crawford, Dent, Franklin, Gasconade, Iron, Jefferson, Lincoln, Madison, Maries, Montgomery, Perry, Pike, Reynolds, St Charles, St Francois, St Louis, Ste Genevieve, Warren, Washington

KSDK
IL: Bond, Calhoun, Clinton, Fayette, Greene, Jefferson, Jersey, Macoupin, Madison, Marion, Monroe, Montgomery, Perry, Pike, Randolph, St Clair, Scott, Washington
MO: Crawford, Dent, Franklin, Gasconade, Iron, Jefferson, Lincoln, Madison, Maries, Montgomery, Perry, Pike, Reynolds, St Charles, St Francois, St Louis, Ste Genevieve, Warren, Washington

JL

Just popped in an Albany, GA address:
1234 WYANDOTTE DR
ALBANY, GA 31705

Address qualified for the Albany, GA SV1 (105) package
Station Local Channel Number Dish Channel Number
TALLAHASSEE CBS-WCTV 6 9291
ALBANY, GA FOX-WFXL 31 7669
ALBANY, GA NBC-WALB 10 7668
ALBANY, GA PBS-WABW 14 7672
Also qualified for up to 2 Distant ABC's

So it looks like 2 things:
1) SV's are mapped to OTA number
2) Distances are back for served markets (if qualified and missing that network from market)

No WETA?

I just plugged our address into the Dish Locals page and find myself in Baltimore SV1. Nothing shows on my two 501s or my 6000 yet. Is this a progressive rollout?

I am disappointed that WETA is not in the package. In our house WETA is the significantly viewed DC station. It will be nice to have the DC locals, though. The ABC outlet in Baltimore seems to have a great need to air "Paid Programming" on a too-regular basis.

My fondest dream would be to have each subscriber allowed one 'hometown' local -- a distant net from places we miss. Like Maine.

chaddux said:
They charge for Superstations so I just assumed they would charge for SV channels too.
Shhhh, they may be listening.

(and it seems they'll take ideas from anyone or anything, anywhere and anytime these days)

Tony, I hope you'll post if and when they add some of the Cincinnati stations (mainly 9, 12, 19) to the Dayton DMA. I'm in the south Dayton area and can't quite receive those to my satisfaction without putting up a bigger antenna than I would prefer. Time Warner carries those in my area, and even further north.

Thanks for the good news though. :)

Can't wait for CT locals. I live in CT but Dish gives me NY locals because I am in Fairfield County. Makes no sense but I really miss my locals from my own state.

Dish better not charge for SV locals because cable does not. The whole point of SV is toput satellite on an even playing field.

rtt2 said:
Can't wait for CT locals. I live in CT but Dish gives me NY locals because I am in Fairfield County. Makes no sense but I really miss my locals from my own state.

Dish better not charge for SV locals because cable does not. The whole point of SV is toput satellite on an even playing field.

Amen and Amen. I WANT MY UCONN SPORTS!!! :)

I'm in Baltimore and the website shows I qualify for SV1 (DC channels), but when I call, they say that is a mistake and I only qualify for Baltimore channels. If any area should qualify, it should be my zipcode, we are right inbetween DC and Baltimore. :confused: :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts