Signs of economy improving

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Norfolk Southern recently started hiring, Liebherr has had an increase in heavy truck orders from 26 last year to 38 this year and hiring people for several fields ( just toured the facility last week and saw the new model they havent listed yet including design changes that will blow CAT and Terrex out of the water ), Northrup Grumman and BAE Systems are hiring larger numbers of people. What signs of recovery are you seeing where your at?
Most of those Northrop Gruman employees are going to end up getting laid off. More state layoffs coming here as well as on the City level. We are preparing for the 3rd round of them here.

Ok maybe I wasn't seeing things. I read in the newspaper that Michigan had a job growth of 11000 jobs in January. That was the first job growth in years. We are turning it around slowly.

Well, business is finally picking up for us, but collections are a bear.

We've got a new commercial location opening in a nearby city but much of the 3000 jobs are retail which equals low income.

That's what I was expecting but in what manufacturing sector is the question. If its auto then those jobs could be workers that were laid off and brought back in to work but not just within the big three but also their suppliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)