Silent Majority

dlm10541

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 31, 2004
Carmel NY
I am amazed at how many people only offer negative comments. It's like after a bad date they must tell the world that Suzy was a bad date even when the problem lies with themselves.

I for one am happy with Voom. Its not perfect but I subscribed for HD content and they do a better job at that than anyone else. I am willing to live with the imperfections until something better comes along.

I have started this thread to give people like myself to post their comments.

It will be interesting to see how long this lasts until someone tries to corrupt it.

Voom is the best hands down when it comes to HD.
I hope this thread goes a long ways before someone makes one negative post.
Thanks for speaking up for the silent majority.

I totally agree. I really hope that voom is here for the long run. Their service ROCKS.

Ditto here. There are always problems with new technology and I have had my fair share with Voom. But, they have been quick to correct them and as far as I'm concerned, they have bent over backwards for me. I plan on staying with Voom and count me in as a satisfied customer.

Aww heck Voom, baby, I know I don't say it enough but you must know how I feel by now. I mean, I'm still with you aren't I? Doesn't that say it all? No? Okay, okay -- I love you baby, really I do. :p :D :rolleyes:

I love Voom for the HD and can't wait till they come out with their DVR. I am here to stay.

Silent Majority Member

I got VOOM for HD content at a time when my other sources for HD were slim to none. VOOM still far surpasses them both as far as HD content I enjoy watching. I have Insight cable mainly because of its HD recorder - it's making the wait for VOOM's DVR easier. I have D* for NFL Sunday Ticket only. If VOOM was gone tomorrow it would be sorely missed in my house. I still would know I made the right decision to go with VOOM and enjoy the HD ride as long as it lasted.

I am a charter subscriber (12/2003) and I don't regret spending the $750+. I get the VOOM base with 1 free plus pack and because of the $300 credit we got, I don't have to start paying any more for the programming I get until 12/2004.

I have had no problems with VOOM customer service (I realize many have). They upgraded my dish to 24" which has really helped my rain fade. I feel confident that VOOM is doing everything it can to improve.

I feel like I must be one of :heart Voom's :heart biggest :heart fans and biggest users. I work at home, so I have Voom's Music Choice playing on my office radio all day (via an FM transmitter from the Voom stb), and we watch mostly Voom exclusives in the evening -- Gallery, Equator, Rush... (plus Discovery HD) IMHO the best that TV has to offer, not to mention the Cinema10 and all those other premium channels in HD, and... :D :D NO COMMERCIALS! :D :D I can't stand all those medicine ads, car ads, fast food ads on non-Voom channels. C'mon, Voom, let's have that DVR so we can skip through the ads and make the non-Voom channels almost as good as the Voom exclusives.

Voom should target their marketing to ALL the people like me who long ago gave up on TV because of all the brainless crap that TV has been known for (aside from PBS). Voom is "finally TV worth watching". All the HD is an added plus (that's why we took the leap), but Voom's main appeal is its outstanding content. IMHO Voom is making a big mistake by trying to attract fans from other providers. That's why they get disgruntled people who come from DirecTV and complain that Voom should be more like DirecTV. If you like DirecTV or Dish, or cable, or whatever -- all those SD channels with :mad: :mad: ALL THOSE COMMERCIALS :mad: :mad: -- then go sign up for whatever makes you happy.

Some people complain that Voom is not competitive pricewise. Well, I am more than happy to pay more to avoid TV commercials. Their money has to come from somewhere.

Please, Voom, don't be more like the other providers! Stay unique!

Count me in as another very happy and satisfied Voom subscriber. Have been a charter member since their inception, and with the $300 credit given, have not had to pay a thing since the initial $750 purchase. Have not had any problems worth getting excited about, and I intend to remain a loyal customer unless something really bad happens like them going "belly-up". Here's hoping that never happens and that good things keep "coming down the pike" for all of us.

Next month it will be one year since I've got VOOM. I still cannot believe that this is happening to me!!!

A year ago, I couldn't even imagine watching HD and listening to 5.1 sound almost exclusively and without commercial breaks with 40+ HD channels to chose from. I couldn't even dream of watching the greatest soccer teams in the World broadcast live in HD. I never even hoped to see some of my most favorite movies that were shown in HD on VOOM Exclusive channels.

I am very happy with VOOM! For me, there is TV before VOOM and there is TV ever since...

Now silent minority???

Since this stalled with only 9 posts I guess satisfied customers are the minority in reality. Sad if true!!

Not the minority, just really really silent. I've have been very satisfied with my Voom since March. I really couldn't imagine owning an HDTV and not having Voom.

dlm10541 said:
Since this stalled with only 9 posts I guess satisfied customers are the minority in reality. Sad if true!!

No, it's because the majority of us that are happy with voOm don't spend all of our time trolling these and other boards... We're too busy watching all the great HD on voOm :D

dlm10541 said:

Unless your point is to troll you know very well that there are more than 9 happy Voomers reading your post. Just because I am happy with Voom and have no problems with billing/PQ/OTA/CC/CSR/freezes etc. doesn't mean that I should respond to every post that says "I'm out". And I am not going to post "But I'm not!" everytime somebody quits.

The man only stated his opinion. Lighten up Voomers, the last time I looked it was still a free country. You guys are stressed too much. Watch a little TV. :D

Still not sure what "trolling" is but I doubt I am doing it since this is only my 4th post. Can someone define trolling for me.

I visit several forums to learn as well keep up to date on certain subjects.

From Wikipedia.org:

On the Internet, troll is a slang term used to describe:

A post (on a newsgroup, or other forum) that is solely intended to incite controversy or conflict or cause annoyance or offense. (Many posts may inadvertently cause strife as collateral damage, but they are not trolls.)
A person who posts these.
The term has negative connotations, and is often applied as an insult, while simultaneously being claimed as a 'badge of honour' by troll organizations or individuals. Sincere but controversial or naive posters are sometimes mis-labeled as trolls, but the term is generally considered to be correctly applied only to those looking to provoke outrage or discord.

A troll's reactions to being identified as a troll can vary widely depending on the forum in which the exchange takes place. Any person unjustly accused of being a troll may be hurt and express indignation. A troll will sometimes react with verbal abuse, raising the stakes with inflammatory remarks maligning the motivation of the accuser. If a person pursues his/her perceived enemy from site to site, that is most certainly a troll.

Trolling is often described as an online version of the breaching experiment, where social boundaries and rules of etiquette are broken. Self-proclaimed trolls often style themselves as Devil's Advocates or gadflies, challenging the dominant discourse and assumptions of the forum they are "trolling" in an attempt to subvert and introduce different ways of thinking. Detractors who value etiquette claim that true "Devil's Advocates" generally identify themselves as such for the sake of etiquette, whereas trolls often consider etiquette to be something worth trolling.

Trolls are sometimes caricatured as socially inept. This is often due to fundamental attribution error, as it is difficult to know the real traits of an individual solely from their online discourse. Indeed, since intentional trolls are alleged to knowingly flout social boundaries, it is difficult to typecast them as socially inept since they have arguably proven adept at their goal of inciting conflict.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)