Similar Threads thing at the bottom...can you disable it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I noticed at the bottom of every thread is a "similar threads" thing with threads that in some cases are 8 or more years old.

Any way to personally disable that? I don't care that a thread from 2008 looks "similar" to the thread I am creating today

It's not just when creating a thread. It's showing now....

Ironically, the first one I see is titled "show similar threads feature", from 2009, and the last post was from you :p

Last edited:
Thats the point I am getting at.
But it looks like Scott disabled it as it doesnt show anymore at the bottom

We had a bet in the staff area who would be the first to complain about it. I lost but we had a bunch of winners. :D

Still tweaking it. (and its still learning as well.)

Reactions: Ronnie-
We had a bet in the staff area who would be the first to complain about it. I lost but we had a bunch of winners. :D
I dont care. (my opinion) changes like that are not needed. Most folks don't look at "similar threads" when creating a new one. The "spam brothers" are notorious for that ;)

honestly why is it needed? All it seems to do is drudge up old outdated threads

honestly why is it needed? All it seems to do is drudge up old outdated threads
A feature like this would hopefully include a user-configurable option something like "do not show similar threads 'x' months old or older".

Does it (did it) show up while creating the thread (title) ? I've seen other forums that do that as you type the thread title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts