Simple 921 Question

NightHawk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Has anyone had any sucess controlling their 921 with an IR only or any type of universal remote. I'm not having any success with a URC100 and I'm beginning to suspect the 921 has no IR capability.

Thanks

Both of my 921s work just fine with either my Pronto or my Harmony. Make sure you have the remote address on the 921 set to "1".

StevenD said:
Both of my 921s work just fine with either my Pronto or my Harmony. Make sure you have the remote address on the 921 set to "1".

My Harmony 680 Remote learns the Channel so there is no need to set the receiver to "1"

Thanks for the replys.

Setting the address to 1 did the trick although I'm not sure why. All the DVR and SAT functions work perfectly with the Echostar code so no need for teaching. I had changed it to 5 originally since I also have an 811.

When I set the address to 1 does this enable the IR capability or does it enable the proper command set? Just curious. I have to figure out a way to deal with the 811 now.

NightHawk said:
Thanks for the replys.
Setting the address to 1 did the trick although I'm not sure why. All the DVR and SAT functions work perfectly with the Echostar code so no need for teaching. I had changed it to 5 originally since I also have an 811.
When I set the address to 1 does this enable the IR capability or does it enable the proper command set? Just curious. I have to figure out a way to deal with the 811 now.

Can you change the 811 code? The codes work on both IR and UHF, so the built in codes that came with your URC remote probably only work on address 1. If you can change the address on the 811, you're golden.

You're other option is to leave the 921 set to address 5, then use the machine to learn to the remote. While the 921 remote does not emit IR, you can have the actual 921 box emit them to your remote to learn them.

I did change the 811 to 5. The big issue is that neither the 811 or 921 remote emit any IR codes for learning while in the SAT mode so I'm stuck using the URC for either one but not both.

How do you get the 921 box to emit the 921 IR codes? I obviously didn't know it could do that. I feel like a newbe here.

My Compaq iPAQ does a bang-up job as an IR remote. It works my 522 and my HK AVR 700 as well as my FTA receiver and DVD. :up

As was stated, the beam comes from the 921 and not the remote through the *Teach Remote* diagnostic screen that was also mentioned previously.

I've even used my iPAQ at my Dr's office to change channels on the waiting room TV when it was tuned to TWC or some redundant news channel. ;)

I have a Logitech Harmony 880 remote. I had problems getting it to work the 921 but was able to manually program (or "learn") all of the commands onto the remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts