Simplified DISH pricing list

navychop said:
Vip 622 - $299 Lease Upgrade, if you currently have any receiver
Vip 622 - $99 Lease Upgrade, after a $200 rebate when you upgrade after

I just got off the phone with a cust rep for Dishnetwork and he told me that you can't lease a Vip622 at this time for the $299. He said that I could buy it @ $798. Is this true?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, call again. They seem to WANT us to lease, rather than buy.

I have a leased 942 and two leased 811s and currently subscribe to AT60 w/Showtime (used to be AEP prior to the Lifetime debacle). Anyway, we're looking at getting a 622 and the only plan that makes sense is DishHD Platinum (get nickeled the dimed with DVR fees, etc.). I was going to purchase a 622 and upgrade the 942 to a 622 under the Dish'n It Up plan but, in our case, I think we'll just purchase a 622 (turn in a leased 811), keep the 942, and perhaps even turn-in the other leased 811 as well.

- DishHD Platinum provides the best overall value.
- 18 month commitments and paying upgrade fees with Verizon FiOS maybe 6-12 months away isn't our best choice.
- I certainly don't need professional installation...all dishes and cabling are in place.
- Unlike the 921/942, a purchased 622 should retain significant value for quite some time...won't lose much money if we decide to sell it down the road.
- Picked up two Sony 500Mb ATSC/QAM HD DVRs so there will always be a ready supply of OTA recordings. Additionally, we may turn in the other leased 811 and just use the Sony HD DVR, DVDs (HD DVDs) and TV2 if necessary.

Questions:

1. I can upgrade to DishHD Platinum (or whatever) by purchasing a 622 without committing to 18-months of service since I didn't upgrade under the Dish'n It Up offer...Correct?

2. The DishHD Platinum w/locals price, $104.99, still includes the cost of one receiver...so I could make the primary receiver the 622 or 942 as part of the package price correct?

3. Additional HD receivers are $6 per...but are those fees only charged for the 211, 411, and 622? Wouldn't the 811 and 942 be charged the $5 SD fee because they certainly aren't capable of receiving ALL DishHD programming? It makes sense to me.:eek:

4. Would this be my pricing?

DishHD Platinum w/locals $104.99 (includes leased 942)
HD receiver fee $6 (purchased 622)
SD receiver fee $5 (leased 811)
DHPP $5.99
Total: $121.98

Last edited:
I was looking at the HD packages and I did not see HGTV listed in the standard definition channel list of any of the packages???

Now I consider myself to be a half way intelligent person but their pricing system SUCKS.

The HD section makes no sense at all.

This is what I want:

1 HD DVR hooked to 1HD TV and 1SD TV
1 SD Box for another TV
Whatever package that will get me the Voom channels and other HD channels except for the premiums.

We'd add Showtime and HBO periodically when Rome/Soprano's, etc are on.

So what is my monthly cost?

I don't want locals assuming the new DVR can record OTA HD locals. I have an antenna already for my OTA tuner and that'll go back into the Dish DVR.

I tried calling Dish, 9 minute wait and hung up. I'll try again but if someone can explain the pricing ahead of time I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Eric_C said:
Now I consider myself to be a half way intelligent person but their pricing system SUCKS.The HD section makes no sense at all.

This is what I want:1 HD DVR hooked to 1HD TV and 1SD TV
1 SD Box for another TV Whatever package that will get me the Voom channels and other HD channels except for the premiums.We'd add Showtime and HBO periodically when Rome/Soprano's, etc are on. So what is my monthly cost?

DishHD Bronze $49.99, $5.98 DVR fee, $5 SD receiver lease fee. = $60.97
plus one time $299 for 622 lease & $49 for SD receiver lease.

Ok, I'm a current member and am wondering what my total monthly payment would be. There are a couple scenarios, one with the 622, the other with a 211 instead of the 622.

If I were to go with the 622, and kept my 625, what would the total monthly payment be with HD bronze?

And, what would my total monthly payment be if I got a 211, kept my 625, and got HD bronze?

THanks to anyone that answers :)

EDIT: I've taken an extra look at the pricing and whatnot, and think that I have come up with the right monthly payments, let me know if they are wrong.

With 622:
DishHD Bronze $49.99
SD reciever fee $5.00
DVR fee(2) $11.96

Total $66.95

With 211:
DishHD Bronze $49.99
SD reviever fee $5.00
DVR fee(1) $5.98

Total $60.97

Currently I have a 811, and a 625 and this is my statement:

DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE WITH AMERICA'S TOP 60 AND 34.99
LOCAL 0.00
ADDITIONAL RECEIVER 5.00
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 5.98
DISH HOME PROTECTION 5.99
DISH NETWORK HD PACKAGE 9.99

Total 61.95

NOTE: Not included in my monthly estimates is the locals($5) and the Dish Home Protection($5.99). So with the 211 plan, I would be paying $10 more a month, and with the 622 plan I would be paying $16 more a month.

Does all this sound right to you guys?

Last edited:
with a 211 and 625 the monthly fees would be $6 HD Receiver lease and $5.98 DVR fee.

with a 625 and 622 the monthly fees would be $6 HD Receiver lease and (2) $5.98 DVR Fees

BFG said:
with a 211 and 625 the monthly fees would be $6 HD Receiver lease and $5.98 DVR fee.

with a 625 and 622 the monthly fees would be $6 HD Receiver lease and (2) $5.98 DVR Fees
I edited my post with more info... please check it and see if it is all right :)

Also, on the first page, it says that if you have a HD reciever, that is considered the main reciever(and thus no reciever fee), so wouldn't I pay a $5 SD reciever fee instead of a $6 HD reciever fee?

epsilon said:
Not sure what you're looking at but it is listed in the HD Channel Directory PDF. Channel 112, available in Bronze/AT60 and above.

I was looking on their website. This is for the Platinum package and no HGTV listed. I did not see it listed in any of the packages.

DishHD Platinum

You are right. But since I get it today with my top 180 package, I suspect this is just an oversight.

HOWEVER, I have sent an email to Customer Service about this, and I will post their response. Meanwhile, perhaps someone with one of the new metallic packages will tell us if they are receiving HGTV.

On EDIT: It absolutely IS an oversight. If you proceed to the HGTV page, say via the AT180 listing, you see the metallic packages listed under "available in."

Last edited:
Plus, in another month or so HGTV should come on line in HD. Same for the Food Channel, a bit later.

Yeah, there are several mistakes on the website. I'm thinking of pointing them out to a webmaster so they get fixed.

Did anyone try to play hardball with Dish when upgrading? I got a 811 lease (past commitment..), and I'm pretty unappy with Dish at this point. I figure they should lease me a 211 instead +whatever necessary dish, and waive the 49 "upgrade" fee.

Otherwise, I can just go cable or DirecTv.

Anyone have luck with this?

-Tom

tomes said:
Did anyone try to play hardball with Dish when upgrading? I got a 811 lease (past commitment..), and I'm pretty unappy with Dish at this point. I figure they should lease me a 211 instead +whatever necessary dish, and waive the 49 "upgrade" fee.
Otherwise, I can just go cable or DirecTv.
Anyone have luck with this?
-Tom

Well I spoke quite a few times to a guy at the "ceo" email address. I didn't play "hardball" so to speak, but I can tell you that I was pleased with the way they handled my questions.

I've had my 811 (leased) for about 2+ months. I, too, thought that they should upgrade my equipment to the 211. But after seeing that they would not do "equipment only" upgrades without the HD packages I decided that was okay. The office explained that I will not lose ANY of the HD programming I'm currently getting, AND I'll get it at the price I was paying. If I went to the 211 I'd lose all of my promos because the HD packs have changed and have to buy into the more expensive HD "medal" packages (that include channels I don't want from VOOM).

In the end, unless you REALLY want ESPN2-HD and Universal HD, it's better just to hold onto your 811. Maybe a year from now those that hold on, just may get the deal they want (and by that time maybe some HD upgrade channels we care about).

And to "save" $49, you'd be stuck with D* or a cableco. Be careful, you may be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Read the D* threads about how D* is moving to leasing only on 3/1/06, and other points they are unhappy about. I'd say there are AT LEAST as many D* customers unhappy, and looking to jump to E*, as vice versa. Probably more.

Anyway, I love that 30 second skip ahead button, and E* is the only game in that town, now that the old Tivo units that could be rigged to do it are being phased out.

I'm trying to figure out my future cost under the Dish'n Up Promotion.
I own 301 receiver and going to replace 942 with 622 (phone line will be connected):

Silver Pack
----------------------------
HD Silver $59.99
Locals $5.00
HBO + Starz $20.00
DVR Fee $5.98
HD Lease Fee $6.00
Dual Tuner Fee $0.00
Extra Receiver Fee $5.00
-----------------------------------
Result: $101.97

Platinum Pack
----------------------------
HD Platinum $99.99
Locals $5.00
DVR Fee $0.00
HD Lease Fee $6.00
Dual Tuner Fee $0.00
Extra Receiver Fee $5.00
------------------------------------
Result: $115.99

Does it look right to you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts