Simultaneous scan of 4 satellites

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
Simultaneous Scan of 4 Satellites.
I hope someone will explain this feature that my Pansat 2700a have. I studied my manual and it mentions it but really don't tell how to use it. :confused:
I notice that the Fortec receivers and other receivers have this feature. Maybe this thread can help folks like me who want to get the most of this receiver.
Does this mean that I could program 4 satellites and it would scan them?
It would be great. :D
Could someone please give a step by step directions on using this feature?
Many thanks!

It allows you to do a "satellite scan" of four satellites one after another.

Go into the satellite "satellite scan option" and use the right or left arrow keys to select up to four satellites and select ok.

This only works if you have transponder information for the satellites your trying to scan, it does not find new transponders like blind searching does, it will find new channels if they were added to existing transponders.

I didn't think that feature was really useful. I learned a long time ago trying to scan through a diseqc switch can be a big waste of time. I feel if you have multiple dishes to scan, do one at a time without a switch.

I didn't think that feature was really useful. I learned a long time ago trying to scan through a diseqc switch can be a big waste of time. I feel if you have multiple dishes to scan, do one at a time without a switch.

I have 4 LNBs with a diseqc switch and scan without any problems, if I had to scan without the diseqc switch I would have to turn my receiver on/off many times a day and connect/reconnect coaxial cables all the time.

(But that could be since I scan A LOT!! :D)
(I wonder if that's the reason my FTA receiver is visiting the hospital for the second time in two months :()

The best feature is multiple satellite blind scan. Select the satellites you want to blind scan and walk away. It sdcans 1st sat, then moves to next and repeats :)

Tony,
I seem to remember a thread about some problems with scanning multiple satellites in this manner. I think the Coolsat continues to scan while the dish is moving to the next satellite causing you to possibly miss a few transponders.

its weird and depends on the software

Version 1.00 will say "moving" then start scanning so might miss the first bit. The only one I had issues with was going from SBS6 to AMC5 and it would miss the (now gone) 11742 V frequency

Version 1.01 would move the dish then scan after the dish moved to the satellite so it would work right :)

Fortec Star receivers firmware would have a built-in delay at the start of the scan to allow the motor time to move into the correct position.

On some receivers, I would set the start frequency low so the receiver would be scanning unusable frequencies during the motor move time.

too bad the Coolsat wont let you start it lower. If you have a standard LNB it wont let you go lower than 11700 when blind scanning. If you try to enter one, it says "invalid frequency"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)