Simultaneous video outputs from Hopper and or Joey?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

burritoboy9984

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Dallas
Was thinking about upgrading to a 2 Hopper and 4/5 Joey system once integration becomes available. I have a total of 10 TV's in the house, 6 of which are used regularly and the other 4 for TV watching sparingly (poker parties etc etc). Currently, I have 722s and a 222 and use the TV2 coax split and/or a wireless video sender (composite) from the main boxes to feed the other TV's allowing me to watch content on the sparingly used TV's. My question with the Hopper and Joey setup, is it possible on the Hopper and/or the Joey to output hdmi to the TV in the room and then run a coax/wireless composite to the other TV's? Has anyone tried to see if the boxes will output over 2 outputs analog/analog or digital/analog simultaneously?

Thanks in advance!
-Erik

Yes, all outputs on both the Hopper and Joey are active all the time. I have the composite outputs on two Hoppers and two Joeys connected to four RF modulators that are distributed with the OTA antenna to all of the TVs in the house. I still have several CRT sets in rooms that I don't use all the time. Works great.

Yes also, I've have an hdmi splitter with a 50 feet hdmi cable, plus rf modular to all sd tv. Each SD tv can mirror the joey or hopper. Purchase extra remote which now work through the house.

Yes, all outputs on both the Hopper and Joey are active all the time. I have the composite outputs on two Hoppers and two Joeys connected to four RF modulators that are distributed with the OTA antenna to all of the TVs in the house. I still have several CRT sets in rooms that I don't use all the time. Works great.

Yes also, I've have an hdmi splitter with a 50 feet hdmi cable, plus rf modular to all sd tv. Each SD tv can mirror the joey or hopper. Purchase extra remote which now work through the house.

Can I use the same splitters to back feed to an rf modulator in the attic as with the 722's/222's? Or would I have to use something different?

-Erik

Last edited:
I hooked a Hopper up via composite a few days ago for some menu work through the switching AVR. The HDMI was not working until I unhooked the composite.

In our tech house we have hopper in living room hooked up via HDMI, then composite from hopper to modulator, coax from modulator to attic splitter. All TVs can work at the same time. Have not tried component only composite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)