Sinclair and Bally’s Unveil New Logo and RSN Names

Also, yesterday was the Minnesota Twins Baseball Winterfest. They stated in the broadcast that many fans were requesting that the Twins come back to Dish. They stated that there was a good chance there may be an agreement this year. With the merger of Sinclair and Bally it sounds very hopeful.
Hopefully it's Bailey's that's pushing Sinclair to be in more homes. Sinclair is probably getting desperate, with the debt they have, I'll believe it when I see it and it's back on. The local deals being up this year is good.
Would be nice if the RSNs return to Dish.

This Bally's branding looks stupid and sounds stupid. Just my opinion. Not to mention what others have already said- adding "BS" to any market looks bad too. I'm in BS-Kansas City, gee thanks Ballys!

I agree!

Even though they are not owned by Fox, Fox had the name recognition.

I think this is ultimately going to lead to teams doing their own network such as the Yankees.

If that happens, you will never see sports return to Dish, as the prices will be higher than they are now.

The regional sports model is broken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Lots of smaller market teams, Cleveland, Kansas City, Seattle, Twin Cities, and even Houston have tried their "own network". All failed.

The RSN model is being stretched a bit, mostly because the entire TV sports model is changing and has to, but it is far from broken. Millions of people want to see their local baseball and hockey teams play every game.

Lots of smaller market teams, Cleveland, Kansas City, Seattle, Twin Cities, and even Houston have tried their "own network". All failed.

The RSN model is being stretched a bit, mostly because the entire TV sports model is changing and has to, but it is far from broken. Millions of people want to see their local baseball and hockey teams play every game.

When did Kansas City ever have it's own network?

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
I think this is ultimately going to lead to teams doing their own network such as the Yankees.
Yeah, the Cleveland Indians tried that. It didn't exactly "fail" but rather got bought out and rebranded. It is still alive as the channel now known as BS Great Lakes.

...And, even the Yankees network ended up getting bought by Sinclair, although it was not included in this naming rights rebrand deal.

Yeah, the Cleveland Indians tried that. It didn't exactly "fail" but rather got bought out and rebranded. It is still alive as the channel now known as BS Great Lakes.

...And, even the Yankees network ended up getting bought by Sinclair, although it was not included in this naming rights rebrand deal.

Far better chance in Detroit considering little caesars pizza owns both Tigers and wings. Also consider that the wings share the same arena as pistons

Reactions: pattykay
True - but if I remember right, Sinclair is only a minority owner, something like 20% ownership stake in YES. Same thing with Marquee Network here in Chicago - Sinclair is a small minority owner, something like 20-25% and the rest is the Cubs. Small ownership in those two entities, and I think that went a long way in keeping their branding as-is.

True - but if I remember right, Sinclair is only a minority owner, something like 20% ownership stake in YES. Same thing with Marquee Network here in Chicago - Sinclair is a small minority owner, something like 20-25% and the rest is the Cubs. Small ownership in those two entities, and I think that went a long way in keeping their branding as-is.
Sinclair still negotiates the carriage contracts for both of those channels though, right? That is the important ownership stake in this forum, when it comes to discussing their chances of ever showing up on Dish.

Reactions: zippyfrog
Ah yes, RSTN. I do remember that now.

Before That, the Royals were on the Sports Time cable channel in 1984. A whopping 9000 subscribers on the Kansas City cable system could watch the games that year.

It was a hard sell. By the end of the '84 season, I had around 2800 subs paying $10 per month on the cable system in Peoria. The 'big draw' in Peoria was, of course, the Cardinals.

The 'big draw' in Peoria was, of course, the Cardinals.

The Cardinals' territory is still huge. And rightly so. They put a far better product on the field year after year. I moved to Kansas City in 2001. I went to one Royals game and it was pathetic. I went to a Cardinals game some time after that and became a lifetime fan ever since.

I agree!

Even though they are not owned by Fox, Fox had the name recognition.

If that happens, you will never see sports return to Dish, as the prices will be higher than they are now.

The regional sports model is broken.

I doubt these teams can start their own networks until their current deals are up. Some of these teams just signed long term renewals. The Yankees were able to start their own network as they were free agents when the MSG deal ended.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I doubt these teams can start their own networks until their current deals are up. Some of these teams just signed long term renewals. The Yankees were able to start their own network as they were free agents when the MSG deal ended.

You are correct.

Eventually all these contracts will come up for renewal at some point, which a team makes a decision.

Or it makes sense to pay the penalty for breaking the contract

I wonder who came out ahead last year with games being cancelled?

You are correct.

Eventually all these contracts will come up for renewal at some point, which a team makes a decision.

Or it makes sense to pay the penalty for breaking the contract

I wonder who came out ahead last year with games being cancelled?

I don't think anyone came out ahead.

By the time these contracts end RSN's might be a thing of the past. I wonder how sustainable the model is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts