Sinclair and Bally’s Unveil New Logo and RSN Names

I went to one Royals game and it was pathetic.

The team or the crowd? Or both? :)

The Cardinals' territory is still huge. And rightly so. They put a far better product on the field year after year.

I have friends in Des Moines who are die hard Royals fans. That's gotta be at least as far away from KC as St. Louis is from Peoria. Heck, even I was a Royals fan the year they went all the way!

Before That, the Royals were on the Sports Time cable channel in 1984.
Not to be confused with the much later Sports Time Ohio channel, just in case anyone was wondering. Although that earlier Sports Time channel also carried some Cleveland Indians games.

The Cardinals' territory is still huge.
Not nearly as huge as that old Sports Time channel's territory, though. It was available as far west as Colorado, and as far east as West Virginia. And it still folded after only one season.

I have friends in Des Moines who are die hard Royals fans

Your friends in Iowa are in the MLB sweet spot. They get 6 teams! When I still had Dish I "lived" in Council Bluffs so I could get all 6. Plus that DMA (Omaha) has 2 or 3 PBS nets IIRC.

75D8D8B7-7E0C-4516-A9CE-CC53D95C591D.jpeg

Given the waning interest in sports in general, I'd say not very. I might pay for the single-team MLB.tv subscription this year, but I would never go back to paying for my RSN again.

It’s a good idea, but there are many customers (mostly djsh customers) who would go without regional sports, even for an additional charge.

Lots of older customers think regional sports should be included in their package at no charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would not bet or gamble on Dish restoring the RSN’s. However if they did get them back, it will be like winning the jackpot. I would wager that Charlie is not going to carry them anymore.

I'll add to that. The idea that they be bundled with locals to get DISH to take them back is the polar opposite of what has to happen to get DISH to reconsider. Short of drastically cutting their cost RSN's have to be A la Carte, period.

I think they still use that for FS1, Big 10 Networks if games are running late, etc
There are two apps, because there are two companies.

The Fox Sports app really belongs to Fox and carries things on the networks that Fox still owns, OTA Fox, FS1, FS2, Big 10 Network, Fox Deportes.

The Fox Sports Go app actually belongs to Sinclair and carries material from your local Fox branded RSN. When the FSN is rebranded, it will be updated to Bally's Sports Go.

Reactions: charlesrshell
There are two apps, because there are two companies.

The Fox Sports app really belongs to Fox and carries things on the networks that Fox still owns, OTA Fox, FS1, FS2, Big 10 Network, Fox Deportes.

The Fox Sports Go app actually belongs to Sinclair and carries material from your local Fox branded RSN. When the FSN is rebranded, it will be updated to Bally's Sports Go.
Who controls the back end of FSG. Is it still BAMTECH?