Sinclair Launches Ad-Supported Streaming Service STIRR

If you have a roku you can load the STIRR app. it is free it is pretty good for cord cutters. Caries Buzzr and Charge TV, and Stadium, among others.Looks good to me. This maybe a way for digitals that don't cover some cities or are only on low power to band together and make a go of it.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
If you have a roku you can load the STIRR app. it is free it is pretty good for cord cutters. Caries Buzzr and Charge TV, and Stadium, among others.Looks good to me. This maybe a way for digitals that don't cover some cities or are only on low power to band together and make a go of it.

I don't think it's launched yet... I can't find it in the Roku channel store

An ad supported service so I can watch ad supported programming? Yeah, makes sense to me. If there's one thing there's a shortage of in my life it's advs. :rolleyes:

People love "free". No, it is not really free if you buy the products advertised. If I am stuck watching a commercial for some reason (hotel?) then I avoid that product on the grounds that it is too expensive.

I just tried to access via stirr.com. I got as far as picking a city and then it fails. I am thinking it is using my location as not being a Sinclair location and not allowing access.

Not sure if this is better posted in the Cord Cutters or OTA forum.
Since the only impact for OTA users is that some shows may eventually move to exclusive streaming, it is probably better here.

I firmly believe that they'll offer a pay option within months of rolling out the service because Sinclair is all about monetizing things (including OTA).

I am watching it right now on my roku. it has 2 channels that i cannot receive ota, because they are low powered out of kansas city. Buzzr and Charge. i don't mind watching the commercials, if i am not mistaken they have commercials on the over the air channels i receive also. And I am not limited to just my local "Stirr" channel (columbia jeff city) but can also see what is happening in other markets. It works for me.

New channels added to the Roku a couple of days ago
NHK WORLD-JAPAN - Live broadcast and video on demand from the English-language international broadcasting service of NHK, Japan's public broadcaster
Bounce - On Demand - Full episodes of ten TV series from the Bounce television network that airs on local broadcast channels
Motorsport TV - Car videos from Formula One to carting, including coverage of the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2018

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I am watching it right now on my roku. it has 2 channels that i cannot receive ota, because they are low powered out of kansas city. Buzzr and Charge. i don't mind watching the commercials, if i am not mistaken they have commercials on the over the air channels i receive also. And I am not limited to just my local "Stirr" channel (columbia jeff city) but can also see what is happening in other markets. It works for me.
You can watch Buzzr live on Buzzrplay.com.

I think STIRR is great! Living in a real area, we do not have that much OTA diginet material. We do have a few like METV, Comet, Stadium, Get TV, Decades, Justice TV, Qwest, PBS Kids. But we do not have Charge! or TBD. I am happy to see Sinclair made this jump to give us the content and for free. Hopefully, there will be more to come. Sinclair claims to be at 50 channels by the end on 2019. Now if Tribune would do this to get us Antenna TV.

New channels added to the Roku a couple of days ago
NHK WORLD-JAPAN - Live broadcast and video on demand from the English-language international broadcasting service of NHK, Japan's public broadcaster
Bounce - On Demand - Full episodes of ten TV series from the Bounce television network that airs on local broadcast channels
Motorsport TV - Car videos from Formula One to carting, including coverage of the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2018

Yes, the Roku is great. New channels (apps) being added nearly daily. I have had Roku since early 2013 when we finally got high speed and it still amazes me on how much new material is added and for free.

Reactions: Albiondon