Sinclair warns of 112 channels being dropped by DISH next Monday (8/16)

Sinclair has such sh!tty and lame assed shows that I only found two timers for ABC and neither are shows currently on and nothing from the propaganda channel.

Now if it were the CW, I'd have some work to do!
Sinclair owns the CW in Columbus along with ABC and FOX..

Sinclair owns the CW in Columbus along with ABC and FOX..

Sinclair does not own CW 53 in Columbus, Ohio. It is operated under a shared services agreement by Sinclair.
It is not affected by the Sinclair dispute since It is owned by Manhan Media.

Sinclair owns the majority stock for Fox WTTE channel 28 and owns ABC WSYX channel 6 outright so those two channels are affected.

WWHO, virtual channel 53 (UHF digital channel 23), is a CW-affiliated television station serving Columbus, Ohio, United States that is licensed to Chillicothe. Owned by Manhan Media, Inc., it is operated under a shared services agreement (SSA) by the Sinclair Broadcast Group,[1] making it sister to Columbus-licensed dual[2] ABC/Fox affiliate WSYX (channel 6, owned by Sinclair outright) and TBD station WTTE (channel 28, owned by Cunningham Broadcasting and operated by Sinclair under a separate local marketing agreement [LMA]). However, Sinclair effectively owns WTTE as the majority of Cunningham's stock is owned by the family of deceased group founder Julian Smith. The three stations share studios on Dublin Road in Grandview Heights (with a Columbus mailing address); WWHO's transmitter is located in the Franklinton section of Columbus.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

When did they move to the current transmitter? That explains why I can't receive those 3 stations very well when we are camping like we use to

The dispute must not be settled since Dish still is airing their anti-Sinclair message on channel 37 and has a message in the guide on channel 5.

Plus just now WSYX (ABC 6) just aired a Sinclair anti-Dish commercial during the noon news.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
I believe I want to be able to watch sports on the TV I pay for. Dish is gonna be be bankrupt once they eventually drop every local channel and all their sports programming.

Once ESPN and Disney are gone then Dish can't survive. Pay the money and I can watch what I'm paying for. I don't give a shitt and if others have to pay more then they can switch.

Reactions: rickmyers
Sure thing. I hope you laugh once you're still paying for a TV service that provides you with less and less every year. The fact that people think their costs will come down is laughable too...they won't. You'll still be paying a ton and eventually won't have the channel or channels you want.
They are all providing us with less and less as programming gets fragmented and off-shored to Internet properties like ESPN+, Paramount+, and Peacock. Sinclair is demanding more money for locals (and carriage of barely even part-time sport channels) that are showing a lot of infomercials. Sinclair is one of the companies giving us less and less and wanting us to pay more and more. This isn't a Dish v Directv thing (can't add Comcast and AT&T as they are content owners and providers). This is a Sinclair/Viacom/Universal v Dish/Directv thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)