Sinclair warns of 112 channels being dropped by DISH next Monday (8/16)

And your secret to getting out of market Locast feeds on your TV is?
No Secret just do not know if Is ok to directly say here. Simple legal app and to watch on a tv cast it. Involves your location. From windows or Android.

Or do what I would certainly do if I wanted to stay with DISH - "MOVE" ... Of course if you want to switch from DISH I guess this is a reason.
Doesn’t help when you’re “moved” to a market with the only CW nearby that happens to be the one possibly being taken down. Not even if I “moved” back to my actual location or any other nearby markets would help me get another CW. And yes, I do have an OTA antenna up, but I happen to like the Twin Cities market plus the fact that I also like being able to get CW via satellite.

No Secret just do not know if Is ok to directly say here. Simple legal app and to watch on a tv cast it. Involves your location. From windows or Android.
I use a "Fake GPS" app on my phone and cast Locast to the TV sometimes, but just plugging in a Locast served city on the Nord VPN app on my Firesticks is much easier and doesn't tie up my phone.

Don't need any inside knowledge. Locast streaming copyrighted material without permission. State they are a non-profit so it's a loophole in an old law. Dish, DirecTV pumping money in their operation. People using VPN's to access local channels not for their DMA..You don't need to be Perry Mason to see what Locast is doing can be legal. The big networks have lot's of powerful and expensive lawyers. This case is not being heard on Judge Judy either!.

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
I'm 78... How old is your mom? I've taught introduction to computing to students well into their 90's. Don't write off us older folks too soon.
Same age as you but -- critical difference here -- she's never taught a computer class. Or, for that matter, ever taken one. She does well with simple things on her Mac, tablet, streaming video apps, etc. but I can't imagine trying to talk her through setting up a VPN over the phone, ha.

AN OPEN LETTER TO SINK-CLAIR, WHICH I KNOW THEY WILL NEVER SEE:

Dear Sink-Clair (again, my spelling): You can run that stupid crawl urging me to complain to dish all you want (and I'm NOT calling them - nobody should unless they call you to complain first) but my Hopper has a zoom function to I can "zoom out" the crawl. Did that while KIRO, KING and KCPQ was whining aboiut retrans. Just stop now while you can. And expect me to change channels for my news like I did the last time KOMO went blackout.

One other thing: you do realize that if your stations go off dish your "must run" programming will lose viewers instantly. That's not dish's problem. That's yours.

Signed, me.

Good luck with Locast as their days are numbered. As for cheap Charlie, another day, another takedown.
I get the feeling you don`t really know about Locast 3 & 1/2 years and growing. If the big four could have shut them down they would have .
As for DISH it costs me less over even other's new customer deals but still get most all the channels I want. Their adding so many Sub channeIs was a good step too. (metv cozy etc)

Sinclair's behavior is unethical, but FCC pretty much opened the door for this, the toothpaste is out on the counter now. Pondering what in the world "good faith" would be at this point.
You meant "the toothpaste is out of the tube now," didn't you? ;)

(Another Senior here and my Grandmother was chock-full of sayings like this. I also seem to use them more and more the older I get. And when I went to school I was taught the comma goes in the quote, not outside of it!) :oldlaugh

I get the feeling you don`t really know about Locast 3 & 1/2 years and growing. If the big four could have shut them down they would have .
As for DISH it costs me less over even other's new customer deals but still get most all the channels I want. Their adding so many Sub channeIs was a good step too. (metv cozy etc)
Locast isn't a done deal. It will be determined by whatever the Court or Congress decides. Otherwise, Dish and Directv need to form a Sat non-profit and redistribute via methods catchable by their Dishs.

Locast isn't a done deal. It will be determined by whatever the Court or Congress decides. Otherwise, Dish and Directv need to form a Sat non-profit and redistribute via methods catchable by their Dishs.
I would view a Dish/Directv "non-profit" the same way I would view a Ferengi non-profit. Keep an eye on your wallet, because they sure are.

Reactions: navychop
Don't need any inside knowledge. Locast streaming copyrighted material without permission. State they are a non-profit so it's a loophole in an old law. Dish, DirecTV pumping money in their operation. People using VPN's to access local channels not for their DMA..You don't need to be Perry Mason to see what Locast is doing can be legal. The big networks have lot's of powerful and expensive lawyers. This case is not being heard on Judge Judy either!.
The IRS says SFCNY, the creator of Locast, is a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization authorized to accept tax deductible donations. Regardless of the age of the pertinent section of the copyright law, it is the current law. Attorney David Goodfriend, the SFCNY/Locast founder, also has some powerful legal help on his side. Locast is using industry accepted geo-locking methods to limit out of market access. That some folks have found ways of fooling the geo-locking is no different legally in my opinion than putting up a large OTA antenna that lets you access out of market stations.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)