Sinclair warns of 112 channels being dropped by DISH next Monday (8/16)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Can someone give a summary of what it says? I get that I must be a subscriber to read.

I was able to read it without being a subscriber. Basically it says that both Manfred and Adam Silver don't see the RSN's surviving long term and the future is direct to consumer streaming directly from the leagues and not going through a 3rd party. They both want to keep full control of the streaming rights - Manfred said that they want to own and control the platform on how it is delivered.

There is also a whole section of how much debt Diamond sports is in, and I don't get it all, but basically doing restructures to raise hundreds of millions in funds and the money raising proposals haven't succeeded thus far.

Most likely another extension while Sinclair continues to deal with the ransomware fallout. Our local Sinclair outlet still isn't receiving any local advertising from the mother ship. Sinclair must be losing millions...

Yeah, I think Sinclair has their hands full at the moment...I'm surprised Charlie didn't use that leverage to really turn the screws on them.

I was able to read it without being a subscriber. Basically it says that both Manfred and Adam Silver don't see the RSN's surviving long term and the future is direct to consumer streaming directly from the leagues and not going through a 3rd party. They both want to keep full control of the streaming rights - Manfred said that they want to own and control the platform on how it is delivered.

There is also a whole section of how much debt Diamond sports is in, and I don't get it all, but basically doing restructures to raise hundreds of millions in funds and the money raising proposals haven't succeeded thus far.
Almost like Sinclairs RSNs are at risk of “becoming irrelevant”. I believe that was the quote. Whoops.

I think $inclair needs Dish a lot more than vice versa.
Maybe if you worked for the executive team at Sinclair, your opinion would make a difference.

I think they both need each other. If Dish didn't need the locals, they would have never invested the money into LiL in the first place. A permanent loss of a local group would result in more dropped subscriptions. Both sides benefit.

Of course, thats just what I "think".

Reactions: charlesrshell
Maybe if you worked for the executive team at Sinclair, your opinion would make a difference.

I think they both need each other. If Dish didn't need the locals, they would have never invested the money into LiL in the first place. A permanent loss of a local group would result in more dropped subscriptions. Both sides benefit.

Of course, thats just what I "think".
He didn’t say Dish didn’t need SunckIr. Just that Sinclair needs Dish a lot more than Dish needs Sinclair. Especially if Dush installs OTA antennas on the majority of Sinclair DMAs, however the impact will also be great on the other channel owners in the DMA as well. Yes, Dish needs Sinclair, just not as badly as they need Dish for RSNs.

Reactions: TheKrell
He didn’t say Dish didn’t need SunckIr. Just that Sinclair needs Dish a lot more than Dish needs Sinclair. Especially if Dush installs OTA antennas on the majority of Sinclair DMAs, however the impact will also be great on the other channel owners in the DMA as well. Yes, Dish needs Sinclair, just not as badly as they need Dish for RSNs.
Customers don't need Dish
If they have no local channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)