Status
Not open for further replies.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
"Stupid is as stupid does." In your opinion, is this art or idiocy?

Source

Erykah Badu shed her clothes as she walked along a Dallas, Texas, sidewalk until she was nude and then fell near where President Kennedy was assassinated.

The result was a controversial video, released Saturday, for her song "Window Seat," which Badu said was "shot guerrilla style" with no crew and in one take March 17.

Children could be seen nearby as Badu stripped in Dealey Plaza, a popular tourist spot since Kennedy's 1963 assassination.

Full Story

Link to Video

Art. She's always been an eccentric artist.

Listen to the poem at the end of the video.

It's neither... Just marketing. She wanted to build a buzz for her new song and cd, which she did.
Normally I'd agree, but don;t think it's the case with her. Maybe I'm just being naive.

Liked the song, not the same woman I saw 15 years ago when she first came out but she can still sing. I think its art to a point but what stands out is the lack of reaction from the pedestrians on the street once she had gotten down to her underwear, it reminded me of the M.A.S.H. episode where Pierce bet that he could walk around and nude and no one would notice because they had become numb from the war. If that is the case here then what have we become numb from?

Liked the song, not the same woman I saw 15 years ago when she first came out but she can still sing. I think its art to a point but what stands out is the lack of reaction from the pedestrians on the street once she had gotten down to her underwear, it reminded me of the M.A.S.H. episode where Pierce bet that he could walk around and nude and no one would notice because they had become numb from the war. If that is the case here then what have we become numb from?
Stupidity! :D

From looking at this and having about 12 other employees here look at it we all believe this video has been edited . No way that someone wouldn't look at her.

I would agree to a point but having seen some video's of surveillance footage of armed robberies and fights and other odd or strange or alarming incidents it seems that most people really are desensitized to all but the most extreme.

let's see....

Some guy strips and runs naked through a grocery store and gets arrested. She strips along a busy street in Dallas. Art or not charges should be pressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)