single dish for northeast available april

deathmetal

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
Quincy MA
just ordered my 622 and the csr said I should wait until april unless I wanted two dishes on my house, because the new dish for my area that gets all the channels will be available then.I said no way, give me the 2 small ones,I just dumped D* because my wife freaked when they put up the new dish,I can imagine the size of THIS mutha!..interesting though,I hadn't heard of a single dish coming that would grab 61.5

Well I dunno what Dish this CSR is talking about, because there hasn't been anything introduced that will pick up 61.5/110/119 on 1 dish. If they do I'd like to see this right angle miracle

Iceberg said:
unless Dish is going to move a satellite to 129 that will cover the whole US :) (which I doubt)
Once they move E10 over to 110, won't that give them a surplus at the slot that they could move over to 129?

They'd have to have permission to use such a position, and the frequencies that would be used at that position. I suppose they could move to 105 (where they lease now), with a suitable application of the coin of the realm. But I doubt it would be feasible.

navychop said:
They'd have to have permission to use such a position, and the frequencies that would be used at that position. I suppose they could move to 105 (where they lease now), with a suitable application of the coin of the realm. But I doubt it would be feasible.
No, because 105 is not a BSS slot. E* has been trying to get permission to test BSS at a 4.5 degree spacing, but no luck so far.

Last edited:
Yep, forgot about DBS & Ka bit. You think there's any reasonable hope that such a test would ever be allowed? Surely the original spacing/power/frequency decisions were based on sound science. I hope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)