Sirius channels

scooby2

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 25, 2005
Chicago, IL
Anyone else having terrible audio on the Sirius channels? I rebooted both the 622 and 612 and it is still cutting in and out. Specifically Octane 20 (6020) but some other random Sirius channels that I checked were doing the same.

Ack, Murphy's law. No drop outs since I clicked submit.

I noticed the same thing even on the CD channels. Works for a short bit then goes back to really choppy again. Sat signal is fine and all other channels are spotless. Just the CD and Sirius music channels exhibiting this.

Whewwwww glad it was not just me... I noticed it on The Blend 6002, BPM 6036, and also on 80's on 8. Thought I was having issues because not only would the audio cut out, but it was as if the channel was not even there at times... CC

Hadn't listened to any for a few days, but turned it on now just out of curiosity and I don't see a problem with it. I don't listen to the same ones any of you have listened (old fogy - like the oldies and country). Try the ones you mentioned and no problem.

Not sure which satellites they are on, but I'm in the Western Arc with 110, 119 and 129.

Anyone else having terrible audio on the Sirius channels? I rebooted both the 622 and 612 and it is still cutting in and out. Specifically Octane 20 (6020) but some other random Sirius channels that I checked were doing the same.

Ack, Murphy's law. No drop outs since I clicked submit.

Not here. But then again I have an internet and radio account with sirius. Also have the ability to listen through my Roku box as i'm doing at this moment.

Dunno if it was or still is related to some of the issues that Dish has been having with Sirius today, but coming home today listening to Sirius their audio is all over the place... Some channels have no life to them ie bad audio, some with very low audio and some that just sound piss poor... It is as if Sirius is just running the audio with no compression to help keep any kind of audio balence. I don't know if they are running on some kind of backup system, but something is not right audio wise with the ole' dog... CC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)