Sirius Channels??

Just checked on my Hopper and working fine here.

On the Hopper the channels are in the 99 range (9901)
On other receivers Sirius starts in the 6000's (6001)

Attachments

• sirius.jpg
    sirius.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 159
On the Hopper the channels are in the 99 range (9901)
On other receivers Sirius starts in the 6000's (6001)
They should leave them the same on all receivers, as to avoid confusion for those upgrading to Hopper from other models.

It also makes the various web channel guides incorrect for many channels.

They should leave them the same on all receivers, as to avoid confusion for those upgrading to Hopper from other models.

It also makes the various web channel guides incorrect for many channels.
One of my few pet peeves with Dish is their bizarre channel numbering. And to number channels differently on different receivers?! That just seems so... well Dish when it comes to channel numbers.

Is the subject of this thread related to a "barker" channel I saw on DISH about a week ago - I believe it has since disappeared. The channel stated something about the CD Music Channels (not the Sirius/XM channels) moving to new channels. But, when I browsed through my guide, I didn't see any such change. I have a 722k.

Eric

Is the subject of this thread related to a "barker" channel I saw on DISH about a week ago - I believe it has since disappeared. The channel stated something about the CD Music Channels (not the Sirius/XM channels) moving to new channels. But, when I browsed through my guide, I didn't see any such change. I have a 722k.

Eric
On the Hopper, cd and audio channels were moved to just below the Sirius channels. It was 09(something, I don't remember) but they were the same collapsible type that the Sirius and RSN's are. The Barker channel was for Hopper owner to know that they moved the channels and made them non-collapsible starting at 923, exactly where they have been on the other receivers. Not sure why 722's got the message, but I saw it earlier this week on either a 622 or 722.

Not sure if it matters, the audio and cd channels were also below the Sirius channels on the Hopper, but were moved back to the 900's recently.

On the Hopper, cd and audio channels were moved to just below the Sirius channels. It was 09(something, I don't remember) but they were the same collapsible type that the Sirius and RSN's are. The Barker channel was for Hopper owner to know that they moved the channels and made them non-collapsible starting at 923, exactly where they have been on the other receivers.
I would really like to know what logic they think they are using when choosing which channels can be nested or not, and having different channel numbers on the Hopper than on the rest of their models?

OTOH, if this is the first step in getting rid of the whole nested channel annoyance, then I am happy indeed. They just need to speed it up. If they aren't going to do it right, they shouldn't be doing it at all.

Steps for doing it right:
-Use existing channel number for main nest - example:6000 for Sirius XM, not 99.
-Only nest channel groups that contain 10 or more channels. (Maybe 8. No less than 6.) Do not include RSN's or Internationals. (Yes. The total number of RSN's and Internationals are more than 10. But, the actual number of RSN or International on any one account will normally be less.)
-Include PPV. Those channels clutter up the guide more than any other. Purchasing a movie is an active decision. People decide to search for a PPV movie. They can just as easily do so from a nested list of channels. Plus, this feature is Hopper-specific, wherein people tend to use VOD and Search functions to find a movie.
-Provide a menu setting to disable/enable this "feature".

I know the thread here is about the channel numbers, but while on the subject of Sirius, I want to say that they are a reason that I am still with DISH, even after losing my RESN. There are a number of channels I particularly like, such as First Wave where they have music and DJs I used to listen to back in Queens in the eighties on WLIR/DRE. If I didn’t have DISH I’d have to subscribe separately for Sirius and I’m a cheap B***D .

JimWH said:
I know the thread here is about the channel numbers, but while on the subject of Sirius, I want to say that they are a reason that I am still with DISH, even after losing my RESN. There are a number of channels I particularly like, such as First Wave where they have music and DJs I used to listen to back in Queens in the eighties on WLIR/DRE. If I didn’t have DISH I’d have to subscribe separately for Sirius and I’m a cheap B***D .

Yeah I wish Malibu Sue would would go to work for Sirius!

The classic rock channels are filled with WNEW-FM jocks.