Sirius Radio Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DanLee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
NW Indiana
For the past two-three days, I haven't been able to get a signal and my receiver says "antenna not detected". This has happened occasionally over the past few weeks, especially during mid-day, but now I never get a signal period. I haven't called Sirius yet, but I am wondering if there is something I can do first to help.

Yes, the antenna is plugged into the back of the receiver.

The antenna is on top of the trunk of my car.

Any suggestions?

What model radio do you have? You could try a new antenna and see if that solves it, if that doesn't you could try a new vehicle dock. If that doesn't fix it chances are it is the reciever. You could call Sirius and see what they could do for you if that is the case. They just shipped me a refurbed Sportster 4 for free because I was having problems with my original Sportster Replay. Let me know how you make out.

I am not saying it is the antenna, but I know three of my friends who had the same problem and it was the wire running to the antenna that was exposed to the outside elements. A tech told my friend that the Sirius ant has a weak point right before the ant itself. Try the ant first or try to attach your radio to a boombox or in another car (maybe a friend) to see if there are any issues.

Thanks for the feedback. The receiver I have is the Starmate 4. It may be the antenna's Weak point, because it seems to cut in and out throughout the day. As I said, up until it cut out completely, it was fine in the morning and in late evening. Wouldn't work during the day, though. I will take a look though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)