Sirius XM Bait & Switch?

I posted this on the blog too...

Yet another way they are running the company into the ground. I will not do business with them any more. I had a 3 year prepaid subscription, sold the car and they "curtesy renewed it for 2 months" for $20.37 in case I did not want interrupted service. I did not find out until they had sent it to a collection company. I did not have the car, and they never mailed the bill. They said they would have emailed it... Well I had them check, they did not even have an email address on the account. But, since the curtesy renew period already had gone by, I was out of luck.

They refused to remove the charge. 3 year prepaid subscription customer rewarded with a bill collections hassle. Well I guess I will never activate again, how many hundreds or thousands did they just lose because of this? You can tell they are a company on the brink trying to extract as many fees out of their customers as they can.

I was getting ready to reactivate my service with them until I read this. They will not get a dime of my money if this is how they do business.

Here's another gripe to throw at em Scott.

I work for a wholesale distributor who offers multiple products to retailers including XM.

Just prior to the announcement of the XM/Sirus merge I won a RoadyXT Holiday pak with "FREE LIFETIME SERVICE" from our national XM rep. Well after the merge our rep, with many other great people from XM, was let go. Then about 2 months later my radio with "FREE LIFETIME SERVICE" is deactivated.

I get on the phone with our dealer rep csr's and was told that they'll get it "fixed".
Next day still nothing, so back on the phone where I'm now told..............well actually we show it as only being a showroom account with limited rotating programming. I hang up, try to get a hold of our new national rep, which we still do not have one, try to go through my corporate channels to no avail.

I decide to give the dealer csr supervisor another shot and this time they tell me that the account was actually for only 3 months now and if I wanted I could add it to my existing personal account for only a $10 activation fee and additional radio fee.

Well at this point I tell them................so let me get this strait. Before the merge I win a system with "FREE LIFETIME SERVICE", activate system and enjoy service for 2 months, merge happens and 2 months go by and you decide to shut off the unit of an employee of one of your national wholesale distributors, and then have the balls to ask me to pay not only an activation fee but now a monthly fee.
NO THANK YOU !!!! This is the type of experience you want me to share with my independent retailers and try to convince them that you have a great product and customer service with a strait face !!! NO THANK YOU AGAIN !!!!

So the moral of this story is.............if they're going to treat their own distribution/marketing chain like crap, why not the end user as well.

My hearing must be getting bad. I did not notice that they cut the stream from 64 to 32 while listening online. I did notice that the sound quality while listening to the same stations through DirecTV, through an even better sounds system, sound worse than the online broadcast.

Last edited:
Every time I get the slightest inkling that I might want to resubscribe to XM, something like this happens. Thanks, Scott for making me think otherwise.

If I had to lock in my subscription to get the online radio for free, then why am I still getting for free if I never renewed my subscription? I am still paying the same fee when I signed up for my original 1 year contract several years ago.

Maybe they screwed up and gave me the 128 feed for free (which explains why the online quality sounds better on a good but worse sound system than the DirecTV version on a better sound system)???

Last edited:
Just talked to my wife who does our bills and she said that since the merger we have yet to have a XM or Sirius charge on our credit card. Not only am I getting free online premium service, I am also getting free XM radio service. Since they are ripping everyone else off, I just may let this ride until they catch it.

Attachments

• XM.jpg
    XM.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 235
Just talked to my wife who does our bills and she said that since the merger we have yet to have a XM or Sirius charge on our credit card. Not only am I getting free online premium service, I am also getting free XM radio service. Since they are ripping everyone else off, I just may let this ride until they catch it.

Carefull. If they have your CC on file there is a good chance that when they catch it you will see all the back charges.

Carefull. If they have your CC on file there is a good chance that when they catch it you will see all the back charges.
I was thinking of canceling anyway. I will just tell them that I canceled and it is not my fault they they failed to turn off my service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)