Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SIRIUS XM Radio Now Available on BlackBerry

--Free SIRIUS XM App for BlackBerry(R) smartphones delivers exclusive sports, talk, entertainment, comedy and commercial-free music channels to BlackBerry's popular Storm(TM), Bold(TM), Tour(TM) and Curve(TM) devices --All users of the SIRIUS XM App for BlackBerry get a 7-day free trial of the SIRIUS XM Premium Online service

NEW YORK, Feb 04, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) today announced the availability of a free application for BlackBerry(R) smartphones, giving consumers access to over 120 channels of sports, talk, entertainment, news, comedy and commercial-free music on compatible models of the popular BlackBerry devices -- the BlackBerry Storm(TM), Bold(TM), Tour(TM) and Curve(TM).

The free SIRIUS XM App for BlackBerry gives mobile consumers the freedom to listen to SIRIUS XM's Premium Online content on the go on their BlackBerry smartphones over cellular and WiFi networks.

"SIRIUS XM makes it easy for BlackBerry users to discover entirely commercial-free music and enjoy audio entertainment they will not find anywhere else," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SIRIUS XM. "We are truly excited to launch the SIRIUS XM App for BlackBerry, giving millions of discerning mobile consumers the ability to take our superior Premium Online programming with them on the go."

SIRIUS XM App for BlackBerry provides subscribers to SIRIUS or XM Premium Online who own compatible BlackBerry devices the ability to access exclusive sports talk and entertainment programming from SIRIUS XM's satellite radio service. Exclusive programming includes MLB Home Plate, SIRIUS NFL Radio, NHL Home Ice, PGA TOUR, Mad Dog Radio with Chris Russo, CNN, Fox News Talk, NPR, The Foxxhole channel presented by Jamie Foxx, Blue Collar Comedy Radio, The Virus featuring Opie & Anthony, Playboy Radio, Rosie Radio, Oprah Radio, and Martha Stewart Living Radio.

SIRIUS and XM Premium Online subscribers can listen to commercial-free music featuring exclusive programming from SIRIUS XM's satellite radio service, such as Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour and Tom Petty's Buried Treasure. Premium Online subscribers can also hear a broad array of 24/7 artist-branded music channels such as The Grateful Dead Channel, Eminem's Shade 45, Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margaritaville, "Little Steven" Van Zandt's Underground Garage and Outlaw Country channels, B.B. King's Bluesville, Willie Nelson's Willie's Place, Elvis Radio, Siriusly Sinatra, and Metropolitan Opera Radio. In addition, Premium Online subscribers have access to more than 70 commercial-free music channels, such as, dance channel BPM, new country music channel The Highway, and indie rock channel SIRIUS XMU.

Also available to Premium Online subscribers are exclusive showcase channels that feature multiple plays of exclusive programming from SIRIUS XM's satellite radio service, including such acclaimed shows as Rosie Radio, The Jamie Foxx Show, specials from Blue Collar Comedy and Raw Dog Comedy, selections from the Artist Confidential series, and selections from exclusive live SIRIUS XM music performances, including pop, rock, hip-hop, country, jazz, and more, available for the first time on compatible BlackBerry models.

Select programming, including MLB Play-by-Play, NFL Play-by-Play, SIRIUS NASCAR Radio, and Howard Stern, will not be available via the SIRIUS XM App for BlackBerry. Listeners will continue to be able to access that programming through the SIRIUS XM platforms where they are currently offered.

SIRIUS XM App for BlackBerry allows users to:

Surf through over 120 channels of SIRIUS XM Premium Online programming on the go.
Bookmark SIRIUS XM Internet channels for fast, easy access through a "Favorites" function.
View the current channel plus what is playing on all other available channels via the "Lookaround" function.

SIRIUS XM App for BlackBerry is available as a free download by visiting www.siriusxm.com/blackberry on your computer or BlackBerry browser. After downloading the free App, users of compatible BlackBerry devices can register for a 7-day free trial to SIRIUS XM Premium Online on their smartphone.

At launch, the free App will be available on the following BlackBerry models:

Storm(TM) 9530
Storm2(TM) 9550
Bold(TM) 9000
Bold(TM) 9700
Tour(TM) 9630
Curve(TM) 8900
Curve(TM) 8520
Curve(TM) 8530

There is no additional charge for listening to SIRIUS XM's Premium Online programming on a BlackBerry once a user becomes a SIRIUS XM Premium Online Internet subscriber or subscribes to the Company's Premium Online service in conjunction with their satellite radio subscription.

For more information on SIRIUS XM, please visit SIRIUS|XM Radio.

Pardon my ignorance on this. So I have a Sirius subscription in my car. I have a blackberry. I don't listen online right, now. Is there a charge at all to listen on my BB? The article above says something about a primium online membership, I'm guessing there is a fee for that?

Online is no longer included in the subscription. It's like $2.99/mo for 128K.

I'm still grandfathered on the old plan till this time next year.

I hope they eventually offer an Android app. I did write to customer care at Sirius about it a couple of days ago, but no response whatsoever yet.

sirius/xm app works fine on my ipod and iphone....won't run on my blackberry tour. it says "there was a problem launching application" and gives me the option to exit.

i have tried a battery pull, deleting the app and reinstalling and still no go.
i have a tour 9630 running v 5.0 operating system.

I have this app installed on my BB Storm. It is useless. It loads, then the keyboard will not go away. Can't use it full screen. terrible!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)