Site Inspection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

donh76

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
What do you need to do to get a Dish site inspection before I terminate my service with D*. My new HD TV arrives Friday and I would like to see if there are any problems before doing this. I have one tree that my D* dish seems to point just over the top of it. The reception with D* is fine but I understand that the Dish satellites or lower than D*.

Thanks Don

When I finish my route early, sometimes I am asked to go check for line of site verifications so we don't truck roll on jobs that are a nogo. This could be the case in your area otherwise it's done at the schedule install date.

If your see a dish van, flag em down and ask to check.

Them birds are all flying together.:D

I'm not familiar with the DirecTV satellites, but I do know that DirecTV and Dish do share some satellite locations, but also have different locations that are not shared.

Any satellite due south (180) of you would be at a higher elevation than the ones to the west and east. The further west and east you go, the lower the elevation would be, so that it would form an arch.

Sadoun has a program that will tell you where the satellites are relative to your location. That may help you in the mean time.
Dish uses 119 & 110 ( believe on Sadoun program, set it for 114 which is in between).
Then either 129 or 61.5 for the HD content.

Good luck.

Them birds are all flying together.:D

I'm not familiar with the DirecTV satellites, but I do know that DirecTV and Dish do share some satellite locations, but also have different locations that are not shared.

Any satellite due south (180) of you would be at a higher elevation than the ones to the west and east. The further west and east you go, the lower the elevation would be, so that it would form an arch.

Sadoun has a program that will tell you where the satellites are relative to your location. That may help you in the mean time.
Dish uses 119 & 110 ( believe on Sadoun program, set it for 114 which is in between).
Then either 129 or 61.5 for the HD content.

Good luck.

Say What??
Not exactly, Dishes birds in the Clark belt are lower and to the right of Directs!!'
They share the position of 110 but are two different birds, all the rest of Dish birds are west of directs with the exception of the 61.5
(for example, Dish 129 is lower than c-band F3)

fred

I was gonna say the same thing. Call Dishstore order your system and let them come out and install it.

If they can install it, then your good to go and can cancel the Directv after your DISH Network is up and running.

If there is NLOS, then you can keep Directv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts