six recievers

hoytracing

Original poster
Oct 29, 2004
I looking to add two more recievers. I am currently using sw-44 switch. What will i need to add two more recievers. Using older Dish 500 not Dish Pro. Any help???

Assuming you have to stick with Legacy equipment you could buy two 3x8 multiswitches (one hooked up to each LNB) and then buy 6 sw21s - one for each of the 6 receivers. Keep in mind that this will give you access to two satellites with no room for expansion, but you can hook up to 8 receivers using this method.

hoytracing said:
I looking to add two more recievers. I am currently using sw-44 switch. What will i need to add two more recievers. Using older Dish 500 not Dish Pro. Any help???

All you need to do is purchase anotherSW44 and connect it in parallel with your current SW44. The nice thing about connecting two SW44 switches to your LNBF's is that you will NOT need feed through loads like you do with SW64 switches.

John

JohnL said:
All you need to do is purchase anotherSW44 and connect it in parallel with your current SW44. The nice thing about connecting two SW44 switches to your LNBF's is that you will NOT need feed through loads like you do with SW64 switches.

John

You can't do that with a legacy SW44, only with a DPP44.

I've heard of people using two SW64's, feed through loads, and SW21's as a way to make 5-8 rcvrs work.. how? I have no clue.

The cheapest way for you to go to 6 rcvrs is to put up another dish with a Legacy twin.

bcs is right - the second dish is fastest, cheaper, and simplest.

The double SW64 setup is documented on the E* web site, but is VERY complicated. Well over 30 connectors to jumper it all up, if that gives you an idea.

SimpleSimon said:
bcs is right - the second dish is fastest, cheaper, and simplest.

The double SW64 setup is documented on the E* web site, but is VERY complicated. Well over 30 connectors to jumper it all up, if that gives you an idea.

I wound up doing it and with the diagrams they supply it's not really complicated, just tedious and time consuming . I had no feeling left in my fingertips from screwing in all the F-connectors . :) And when you're done, you have something that looks like it belongs in Frankenstein's laboratory .

Derwin0 said:
Why not just add an SW44-A switch, which can feed the existing SW44 switch, and thus allow up to 8 recievers.
Dish doesn't have a SW44-A, that is an after market item. I've heard mixed reviews on those. It would be a much simpler configuration than the double sw64's, but you'd have a hard time getting support from dish for it.