Size hard drive for AZ Box

Hello Gents
Mr. Radar thanks for your response, I recorded while a program was in process,
and my big mistake was to play it back using File Manager, after I follow your instructions it plays all the clips i recorded, I am new with this receiver.
ROOKIE MISTAKE.
Thank you.
Regards.
Chewie

Chewie,

I am glad that the suggestion worked for you. I found that using the file manager option didn't work well (or at all) to replay the recorded videos and others also noted this.

RADAR

Jsattv,

I wouldn't wish to draw that conclusion regarding WD HDDs with any absolute certainty. I can only state that I have heard / read that quite a few other AZBox owners have complained about the operation of the WD HDDs and that makes me skeptical.

I can say, with certainty, that the Samsung HDDs are well suited and compatible with the AZBoxes. I have several of the "GREEN" Samsung HDDs (500GB and 1TB) and they all work exceptionally with the Premium and the Premium Plus models. I can swap these HDDs in and out of any of my boxes and they work beautifully. I especially approve the "GREEN" or "eco-friendly" models as they are extremely quiet and draw lower current and work well with the AZBox HDD STANDBY feature (that puts the drive to sleep when not accessed for X number of minutes).

RADAR

Thanks a lot Radar. I'll look for a 1TB GREEN Samsung HDD if they carry them up here. One question, do the HDD's have to be partitioned BEFORE being installed in AZBox?

Yikes, guys does this mean that WD is not compatable withAzbox? I was going to pick one up next week, but maybe now I'll wait a bit. The other option was the Seagate, don't think the local outlet I have here carries the Maxtor that FTA Man is ordering. Maybe look for Samsung?

Well, I'll have to keep spending money until I find something that works 100%.

Thanks a lot Radar. I'll look for a 1TB GREEN Samsung HDD if they carry them up here. One question, do the HDD's have to be partitioned BEFORE being installed in AZBox?

I didn't have to partition mine.

I didn't have to partition mine.

I also did not partition my HDDs. I allowed the AZBox to format the drives in Linux and did not do anything else.

If you want the HDD to be directly compatible with your Windows based PC OS, then I would format it in FAT32 via your PC. However, I felt that the HDD may operate best if formatted by the AZBox itself and according to its rules of Linux and if I desire to transfer any of the content from my HDD then I use Filezilla or MazEdit to FTP the file over to my PC, which works just fine.

RADAR

Editing Satellite Names

HOWTO: North americanize your satlist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)