Skip Back and Rewind wasn't working on Channel 9480 or 9486 (fixed)

Careful Tony, you may get lumped in with us conspiracy theorists speculating things like that :) but you're right, let's see what they say about it first.

I called Dish Tech Support

I read through the posts about the DVR failure on 9480 & 9486 and was amazed that no one took the time to call about the problem. When I told Tech Support what was going on, I was told they were not aware of the problem and a report was made out to Engineering to look into the problem. According to Dish Tech Support, they can't take any action if someone doesn't report the problem. You can cuss and discuss all you want in the forums, but until you talk directly to Dish, you're just wasting your time and energy!:shh

I have a 622 and I'm not having any problems with either of those channels. All trick play functions work and all recordings work. I just ran tests to confirm and both are fine here.

When I had a 921, we had a similar issue on one channel - E* was able to correct it.

I have a 622 and I'm not having any problems with either of those channels. All trick play functions work and all recordings work.

I just ran tests to confirm and both are fine here.
Yep, back to normal. Guess the conspiracy theorists will have to wait for the next glitch to happen.

I have a 622 and I'm not having any problems with either of those channels. All trick play functions work and all recordings work.

I just ran tests to confirm and both are fine here.
Do you know if it was working Saturday, yesterday or even this morning? I'll have to try mine later - others are watching something right now. It would be really iinteresting if this was only happening on certain model 622s.

I read through the posts about the DVR failure on 9480 & 9486 and was amazed that no one took the time to call about the problem. When I told Tech Support what was going on, I was told they were not aware of the problem and a report was made out to Engineering to look into the problem. According to Dish Tech Support, they can't take any action if someone doesn't report the problem. You can cuss and discuss all you want in the forums, but until you talk directly to Dish, you're just wasting your time and energy!:shh

Rick...you may be the hero of the day!!

You haven't been around very long have you?

Of course people have called this in. Don't imagine for one second that YOUR call did the trick, it has never worked that way, ever.

Many of us have called in LOOOOOOONG known problems and the pat answer from Tech Support is that they had no idea there was a problem and this is the first they have heard of it. This is ALWAYS their answer.

Thanks for the lecture, Junior Member! :D

LOL. I didn't want to say anything. When I called the tech said it was the first time they heard of it too. :)

In their defence, it was probably the first time each tech that answered the phone heard the problem. Some one put two and two together. OR (putting on tin-foil hat so the satellites can't read my thoughts) more likely the test ended sometime this afternoon successfully. :D

See ya
Tony

See ya
Tony

LOL. I didn't want to say anything. When I called the tech said it was the first time they heard of it too. :)

In their defence, it was probably the first time each tech that answered the phone heard the problem. Some one put two and two together. OR (putting on tin-foil hat so the satellites can't read my thoughts) more likely the test ended sometime this afternoon successfully. :D

See ya
Tony

See ya
Tony

I emailed bugs, quality, and ceo yesterday afternoon. I let them know what was going on, what channels were affected, and that it was affecting many users and that the problem was being well documented on the SatelliteGuys forum. No response but things did get fixed.

:D

Several people called I did. At least one other person reported getting as far as reaching someone who actually tested it at Dish who duplicated the problem. That was Sunday.

It is, as reported, now fixed.

Do you know if it was working Saturday, yesterday or even this morning? I'll have to try mine later - others are watching something right now. It would be really iinteresting if this was only happening on certain model 622s.

It wasn't working about 5pm EDT on 9/3 at least from 61.5. It is now working. No comfirmation, but sounds like it was broken for all 622/722's. And someone reported having recordings failing on Family much earlier last week. Perhaps during the change over to mpeg4 although Family was always at least marked for ViP receivers. FilmFest just switched a week or so ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)