Skipped timers 522

Getut

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2004
Hello guys,
Some of you may remember I posted a while back about a thunderstorm and following power outage causing corruption on my 522. It finally ran the drive repair and all is thought to be good again. Prior to this hard drive issue because of a legitimate reason, I only very occasionally had only a single problem listed on this site. Maybe once a month I would have a guide of death, but that was all.... and it was far from frequent.

Ever since the crash, name based recording is missing LOTS of events. Take tonight 4/20/05, I had Revelations episode 1 at 8:00 and Revelations episode 2 at 9:00 set to record. I got home at about 9:30 and saw that it was in the process of recording both Rev ep2 and Alias. I hit the DVR button but did not see where it had completed Rev ep1. I hit DVR again to look at the timer screen and scrolled up to past timers. Rev ep1 showed as REC, but the previous screen obviously only showed Rev ep2 and alias. I let it complete hoping the first DVR screen was just showing both and that it would maybe split Rev ep2 into 2 files. Nope, It showed just an hour. I went back and looked again. The timer history now only showed the single Rev ep2 that actually recorded. Even the history for Rev ep1 was gone when it had been there while ep2 was still recording.

It has been missing quite a few shows. Is this likely a firmware issue that may get better or is this likely still results of the hard drive crash (meaning I should turn this one in for a new one)?

Oh.. forgot.. the unit is at level 235 right now. It does updates in the morning so it would have definitely been at 235 for this last round of skipped recordings.

My 522 has been working very well, except one timer has simply not fired two times now, while working the other 15 weeks just fine. I can't figure out what is going on, as it did not list that timer as being over-ridden or anything.

So, when you look in the schedule, does it show it as going to be recorded, or do you see the line (in 'show skipped timers') through the title?

It shows that it is going to be recorded. In both cases, I had looked at it 1 or 2 days prior, and not on that same day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)