skipping event in conflict resolution deletes timer entirely

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
I've had this happen at least twice, so it's NOT a fluke. Something VERY wrong is going on with my Hopper With Sling.

I've had several incidents recently when setting up a one-time timer for the next day, or several days later, while three series timers are due to record. I get the conflict resolution screen, and I select a series that I know will be repeated later in the night to skip. (This has always been the ONLY series that airs repeats, so I'm not sure why the receiver couldn't figure that out on its own, but so be it -- it always defaults to skipping one that does NOT repeat.) At that moment, everything looks OK, the repeat shows as scheduled to record. The next day, however, the repeat is NOT scheduled to record, and in fact the original showing doesn't even show up with a "skipped" indication. When I go into the timer list, the series timer itself is nowhere to be found!

This started happening sometime this spring. The timers that have disappeared have all been on The History Channel because, as I said, it's the only channel that repeats episodes. The conflicting series have been on broadcast networks, but not on networks that are on the same transponder so it can't record all of them. The one-time events have all been on an RSN.

I only had the original timer set to New, but that shouldn't matter. It's not just a question of the timer not activating at the next opportunity. The problem, as I said, is that the ENTIRE TIMER DISAPPEARS.

I checked for replies earlier today while not logged in and the forum showed me a thread from 2017 where I documented this problem! (Naturally, no solution was forthcoming then either.) I'm not sure whether the problem was temporarily corrected sometime between then and now, or whether I just didn't have the right circumstances to trigger it for four years (pretty hard to believe.)

I'll say again what I said then: since Dish is breaking our H1s and H2s with unnecessary new software, they should have to give us free upgrades to H3s.

I'll say again what I said then: since Dish is breaking our H1s and H2s with unnecessary new software, they should have to give us free upgrades to H3s.
They upgraded me from my 722 (first they broke our iVOD, and then broke my Sling Adapter) to an H3 for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)