Sky Angel Dish 500

U

Unregistered

Original poster
A friend of the family has purchased two receivers and dish 500, I was looking for
some further explanation of the sat pointing with a regular compass. I looked through the forum and someone said it could be done with the dish 500 but did not give an details For our Zip code 62052 this is what it tells me:

62052 AZM = 138 ELA = 36 and 61.5 W.L.

Can any one help me on how to exactly find that using a compass? your help is very much appreciated. I can be emailed Dimbones@hotmail.com

Unless you have an adapter for your Dish500, you can not use it for 61.5. The Dish500 was made to look at 119 & 110. The adapter allows you to set the skew at 0 degrees and aim for 1 satellite. The azimuth and elevation angles are correct for you zip code. The general direction is SE. Think of North as being 0, South as 180 on your compass.

you can use a dish 500. Set skew to 90 and use the left eye (cover the other with tin foil or tape

I have had success using Dish 500 antenna with satellite 61.5. Using the "Legacy Dual" type of unit (as opposed to DishPro) I altered the skew and locked onto one LNBF with signal power of 125.

I had marked the skew point in pencil several years ago, and I'd go outside and check it, but the mast now has a big wasp nest, and so I have to take care of that first!

I dont know of a calculation to get a skew for this situation; I just used trial and error, and a protractor and a straw.

If you want a real good "visual type" sat finder- Dishpointer.com - should fill the bill. Has all the info. you'll need. Fill in your info. & go. Move the green marker to your house, look under the map for your settings....... That's it...... Great!!!!!
STC

Good info except:

- already mentioned countless times
- you resurrected an almost four-year-old obsolete thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)