Sky News is now on Roku!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just getting word that Sky News is now available on Roku and is available here in the US.

I am loving my Roku more and more every day!

The one icon says live...can't remember which one...not sure if its really live though. I keep looking for them to show the time or something to confirm if its live. A lot of clips though.

Sky News is now on my Apple TV as well. We have not watched it much, but it seems to be just a recap of the regular TV news that we already get on Fox News, and it is like picking a story out, and then watching the video for that story, rather than having a regular news person that is telling about the news.
the weather was a little more interesting.there was a weather person, and she was telling the weather all over the whole world, whereas we usually only see weather for the US, unless there is a big storm or fire somewhere, and then we see a little of that, but not the actual weather forecast.
At this point, Sky News doesn't seem like anything worth watching, unless there is more to it that we have not found yet.

Thanks Scott for info appreciate it very much been procrastinating on wanting to get one and this made my decision for me!! I am going to go out and buy a Roku 3 next week. How much are channels you have to buy to add and is there a list to see how much they are? They don't show on their website how much to add channels unless to have a Roku and Thanks for any help appreciate it :)

Last edited:
Thanks Scott for info appreciate it very much been procrastinating on wanting to get one and this made my decision for me!! I am going to go out and buy a Roku 3 next week. How much are channels you have to buy to add and is there a list to see how much they are? They don't show on their website how much to add channels unless to have a Roku and Thanks for any help appreciate it :)

I'd say most channels are free except for a few I've seen. I've got over 200 in mine and non of those are pay channels. Of the few pay channels I looked at most were of little interest to me. When you add the channel it usually says something like..additional fees may apply. You can easily delete any channel.

I'd say most channels are free except for a few I've seen. I've got over 200 in mine and non of those are pay channels. Of the few pay channels I looked at most were of little interest to me. When you add the channel it usually says something like..additional fees may apply. You can easily delete any channel.

That is what I was talking about like channels like EPIX and others that say additional fees may apply and what price it was.Thank you very much for help!! :)

Last edited:
This is sort of related. Sky has a programming service for the Roku called Now TV. Available at www.nowtv.com , they also have a Now box which looks like a Roku XD. Would someone like to try this service out for us?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)