Skycasters antenna

Status
Please reply by conversation.

123tim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
Pennsylvania
I've been given the opportunity to pick up a free "internet" dish. It's a DiRECWAY .74 meter with "skycasters" written across the front.
It looks larger sitting on the roof than it actually is. I was sort of surprised to find from the web site that it was only .74 meters.
Is there any hope of using this as a stationary FTA antenna? I'm planning on using a universal LNB.
One can be seen here: http://www.skycasters.com/satellite-internet-dishes.html

Thanks in advance for any replies!
Happy Groundhog day!

Sure could! Would be best to use the feed horn that comes with the dish since it is designed for the actual shape of the dish, then you "could" just get a LNB and bolt it right onto the feed horn!

Nice find!

(I have 2-3 Direcway dish I and Iceberg have used with great results with FTA)

Thanks Pete!
I think that the feed horn was taken when the service was deactivated. :(
I wonder if one could Be fabricated or retrofitted?

I appreciate your help.
Tim

If the feed horn (bit on the front of an LNBF that looks like a funnel) is gone then you may be as well just getting a LNBF and see how it works. The DirecPC LNBF on mine is around 0.6dB but works great as is for FTA!

Used a Directway/DirecPC dish for about 2 years...took it down because it wasn't needed (yet) and put a lighter 36" dish up :)

Thank you Iceberg.

Could anyone help me with this? Sometimes I can be sort of stupid :)
Where exactly is the .75 meter measurement taken on a dish like this? It's oblong, and I assumed that the measurement would be taken from the widest point (End to end), but it sure seems a lot larger than 29.9 inches. Since it's a transmit/receive antenna, I also thought that it would have to be larger than a "standard" FTA dish.
The reason (or one of the reasons) that I seem so vague about this antenna is that it's on top of a roof where my brother in law works. I haven't had an opportunity to actually see it yet.

As always, I appreciate everyones help. Thank you.

123tim

My DPC dish (I have 2 of them) and both are oblong
-the big one is 39"x23"
-the smaller one is 31x20 (looks like a Superdish)

I think the .75 meter dimensions might be like the Starchoice Dish. Their 75e is 37x27 inches

I dont know where they get the names for some of the dishes :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)