Skyfall

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK

Saw it in IMAX. I must say I was very impressed. I feel it is the best of the Daniel Criag's Bond incarnations. After the last one I was worried, but this one restores the faith in 007. The villain (played by Javier Bardem) was especially nasty. The movie is not gadget focused, but true grit.

The film was shot for IMAX and I must say it is worth it to find an IMAX and watch it there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not a Jmaes Bond fan and I have watched the movies but this one looks like it is going to be 1 of the best bond movies yet :)

I saw it today (not in IMAX) and LOVED it. Best Bond EVER.... Not cheesy, not too much T&A, but a VERY well done script. The new Q is interesting. May the franchise do another 50+ years!

Sorry, FAR from the best Bond ever, but MILES above Quantum of Solice. Back story about his youth was the best part. Otherwise, too much dead time.

I liked the movie, but it didn't exactly feel like a Bond movie. It all felt too personal, the villain, the threats, the directed terrorism, even the human frailties portrayed throughout. It lacked the dire peril and scope of intrigue that I've come to expect from Bond. And I will agree that the pacing could have used some fine tuning.

Cool! Glad to hear that it's good I will probably buy it as soon as it comes out on Blu-Ray. I have the first 2 really liked them plus Daniel Craig done a great job as well.

It does lack the usual Bond missions... He is famous for saving the world. This time he just has to save MI6. A bit more personal and narrow plot by comparison.

Best Bond movie ever? Not too sure but defintely in the top 3 (along w/ Dr NO and Goldfinger). Folks boo'ed a bit when we saw a trailer for the next Die Hard movie... My GF asked me if I was going to see it, I replied (a bit too loud which got a chuckle from the folks around me) "see it? am not even going to illegally download it".

Cheers, K

I liked this a lot, but I don't think it was the best ever. Best in a long time but not ever.

After five weeks in release, James Bond returned to first place in North America with weekend ticket sales of $11 million for Skyfall. The Sony Pictures and MGM release currently has a domestic total to date of $261.6 million. Internationally, Skyfall grossed an estimated $20.3 million this weekend, bringing the film's overseas total to $656.6 million. Skyfall has now taken in $918 million worldwide - the highest-grossing film ever released by Sony Pictures, beating Spider-Man 3's $890 million.

Link

Adele wins for best original song, very well deserved. For those that have seen the movie, the song pretty much sums up the movie. It preserves the tradition of mysterious James Bond songs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts