SL3S or SL5S?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

biz56

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
North Carolina
I just signed up to D and my installation is scheduled this week. It's a SWM installation with 2 DVR and 1 HD receivers. I requested a SL5S LNB for the Slimline dish (thinking that 5 satellites must be better than 3), but the local dealer I'm working with insists that the SL3S will be all I need. What's on the other two birds (110 & 119) that I would be missing? I ordered the choice ultimate package and and am in the Charlotte NC market.

Thanks,

Ben

One is simply a newer design; you will still receive anything and everything you could subscribe to from the "regular" slots? Ethnic programming might require an additional location, but since you didn't mention that, my guess is you are going to be A-OK.

What's on the other two birds (110 & 119) that I would be missing? I ordered the choice ultimate package and and am in the Charlotte NC market.

on the 119 bird:
-a few more Sonic Tap channels that technically DO come with that pkg
-Jewish Life TV
-Hope TV
-couple of "free" spanish channels in the 400's

nothing on 110...

If you feel you MUST have these channels, simply add on the $15 "en espanol" spanish tier on your order, keep it for over a month after your system is installed, then cancel it. This will require the dealer to make it an SLS5 LNB.

I don't want the channels you mentioned. Just looking at the SL5S as free insurance for new or relocated channels in the future on 110 or 119. How likely is that? I think the dealer would order the SL5S if I press him on it. Any downside of that LNB vs. the SL3S?

Ben

I don't want the channels you mentioned. Just looking at the SL5S as free insurance for new or relocated channels in the future on 110 or 119. How likely is that? I think the dealer would order the SL5S if I press him on it. Any downside of that LNB vs. the SL3S?

Ben

I don't think DirecTV will put any new HD on 110 or 119. I got free upgrade to get Fox Sports en Espanol and the La Liga games.

Ben

You'll be fine with the SL3, D* won't be adding any HD content to any sats other than the 99 or 103.

... You don't need a 5 LNB unless you're wanting international programming ... The tech will likely put in a 3D2RB (reverse band)
rather than an SL3S anyway and you'll do just fine with that.

... You don't need a 5 LNB unless you're wanting international programming ... The tech will likely put in a 3D2RB (reverse band)
rather than an SL3S anyway and you'll do just fine with that.
Ah ... no, I don't think they would have put in a 3D2RB LNB, and for a very good reason.

Since it didn't exist ...

As you're mistakenly responding to a post made back in 2010

As you're mistakenly responding to a post made back in 2010
emoji3.png

:eek ... Well now, THAT is embarrassing ... lmao ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)