Slaves and masters...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
What's the best slaving option lately? Making the analog the master and DVB the slave or the other way around. Just curious on that.

Depends largely on your dish/motor type. If you have a BUD, probably best to slave the DVB and use the analog to move the dish and select polarity. With a DiSEqC H-H motor and dish using a voltage-switched LNBF, the DVB should be master and the analog slave.

Of course there are grey areas, such as a BUD using newer, voltage switching LNBs or the use of a VBOX II, in which cases you might want to make the DVB master on a BUD.

See, what would be nice is a Pico Macom satellite signal processor. This is sort of a "distribution" block that we use at work for all our receivers. Being that all broadcasts are on one polarity, it's not a problem. It is a problem for me though, I obviously change polarities more often than not like everyone else.

I had an idea to start off with, just to basically take care of Ku. Run 2 dedicated lines for Ku. One going from the LNB to the motor for the DVB box, and another purely dedicated from the LNB for the analog with voltage blocked or allowed? I'll need some thoughts on that one.

I'll pick up on C-band thoughts later. I need to draw a crappy diagram.

P.S. The DVB box being a slave sounds better since it's user friendly to me.

as Tron noted, most of us do the analog slaved to the DVB box. But if you have a C-Band setup (4DTV, analog box) then the DVB is slaved off of it. It depends on what reciever would control the dish motor :)

a FTA box. DVB is one type of signal that is sent when the channel is uplinked by the companies. Digicipher II (DCII) is another. a 4DTV can pick up DCII but not DVB
Pansat, Coolsat, Fortec, Traxis, Satwork, etc are all DVB boxes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts