Slim line SWM 24x32 oval dish with 5-LBN's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gregc

Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
nj
Help! i bought a new dish . i went with the slimline SWM 24x32 oval with 5 lbn's for HD. i cant get a signal! it keeps reading zero. do i have to have all new HD boxes? i"m trying to use my old tivo boxes for now and will up grade to the HD boxes next year when money permits. i know i will not get the HD siganl but i cant get anything at all!

Uh OK, so since I assume you realize you will get NO HD on those Tivo boxes, what IS the point of getting a slimline then??? Especially considering D* would do ALL of this for FREE, (including a new FREE slimline) if you go with a free HD upgrade - makes NO sense to me... :confused: :confused:

And yea - that SWM dish you just bought is NOT AT ALL compatible with Tivo's - maybe some research would have been in order first...

Last edited:
Help! i bought a new dish . i went with the slimline SWM 24x32 oval with 5 lbn's for HD. i cant get a signal! it keeps reading zero. do i have to have all new HD boxes? i"m trying to use my old tivo boxes for now and will up grade to the HD boxes next year when money permits. i know i will not get the HD siganl but i cant get anything at all!

the swm lnb wont work with tivo... but you can get the reg 4 output lnb & it will work...

So i guess i have to buy a new HD receiver box to receive a signal from the new dish.

The only way you can receive HD would be with new receivers. However, with a non-SWM LNB you would be able to receive SD programming from the 101 satellite (plus a few channels on 119).

So i guess i have to buy a new HD receiver box to receive a signal from the new dish.

Your TIVO will work fine with the new dish, as long as it doesn't have the SWM type lnb, but you won't get any hd. How many outputs are there on the lnb? If there is one, then you have the SWM lnb.

Any of the grey Directv boxes are not SWM compatible except for the H20. And you cannot get a signal on a SWM LNB without a power inserter to power the LNB.

Any of the grey Directv boxes are not SWM compatible except for the H20. And you cannot get a signal on a SWM LNB without a power inserter to power the LNB.

Actually, you can power the swm lnb from the receiver, but you will burn up the power supply because the receiver doesn't have enough voltage to run it properly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)