Any anglers out there?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OffshoreOwen

Original poster
Aug 18, 2010
FL
I have been an active angler for the majority of my life. Living near the coast in FL has allowed me to grow up on the water and develop a passion for many outdoor sports. Fishing is my biggest passion of them all.
I've seen a lot about this all fishing channel called the world fishing network. I've been to their website and checked out what i can and it looks awesome!
I also noticed how they're not available with direct and that the channel is telling direct customers to voice their opinion. So here's mine!
Direct needs to add this channel! Direct offers so many great channels and i can't understand why a fishing channel isn't one of them. Do you not know how many people fish?
This isn't just a part time hobby for people. Fishing is a way of life for so many of us.
Please direct, add this channel so i can watch what i love. I see all these other tv companies offer it and i think you should too!

Never heard of the channel ....
However, there's plenty of fishing shows on D* now, ESPN spends Sat and Sun mornings filling our screens with it.

There is fishing on VS still I think and there use to be an Outdoor Channel as well.(might still be there)

Yo, I’ve seen this channel and it’s awesome! My bro has it and watches it all the time. I saw wfn at a outdoor show and got a hat from the girl.

Thanks for the info, Jimbo.

The problem with having fishing shows on early during the weekends is that's when i'm out on the water! If you're an angler yourself, you know there's nothing better than an early start to a day.

And i do watch the Outdoor Channel from time to time, but they don't show as much fishing as I'd like. They showcase a lot of other sports, which is great, but it's not always what appeals to me.

I just can't win. I finally find a channel that i like, and direct doesn't carry it.

My brother in law competes small time in Bass tourneys in Iowa and Missouri. He loves the WFN. He was up to my house a few weeks back and was shocked Directv didn't have it. He isn't a big fan of the ESPN shows so I see your point. I enjoy fishing and not really high on them either. Not to mention they mix in a lot of hunting shows as well. I would welcome WFN.

Thanks for the info, Jimbo.

The problem with having fishing shows on early during the weekends is that's when i'm out on the water! If you're an angler yourself, you know there's nothing better than an early start to a day.

And i do watch the Outdoor Channel from time to time, but they don't show as much fishing as I'd like. They showcase a lot of other sports, which is great, but it's not always what appeals to me.

I just can't win. I finally find a channel that i like, and direct doesn't carry it.

A DVR solves that problem! :)

Thats where I was going next :D

I was a bass enthusiast for 20-years and participated in a number of local and regional tournaments - even won a few. Only rarely would I fish for something other than bass, and I was never into salt water or deep sea fishing (only went out a handful of times). Of course, I gave up bass finishing and sold my bass boat when my daughter was born. I was going to buy a new boat 2-years ago, but I passed on the urge since we own too many homes. My daughter is now eight and I'll take her out to catch panfish...but that's about it. She has expressed an interest in catching a great big catfish - we shall see.

Thats where I was going next :D

Well don't I feel like I'm living in the stone-age... :eek:

I don't think I can DVR shows. What do I need to be able to do this?

Having a fishing channel that only shows fishing is still more appealing to me. But I'm open to suggestions until WFN is available.

I was a bass enthusiast for 20-years and participated in a number of local and regional tournaments - even won a few. Only rarely would I fish for something other than bass, and I was never into salt water or deep sea fishing (only went out a handful of times). Of course, I gave up bass finishing and sold my bass boat when my daughter was born. I was going to buy a new boat 2-years ago, but I passed on the urge since we own too many homes. My daughter is now eight and I'll take her out to catch panfish...but that's about it. She has expressed an interest in catching a great big catfish - we shall see.

Get her out to catch as many kinds of fish as you can!

Me and my son have some of the best times when it's just the two of us fishing for the day. Whether we're on a boat or on a river bank, it's so nice to catch up and be one-on-one with him. He's 16 now and at the age where it's not cool to hang out with dad anymore. So fishing is a life saver for our relationship. I really don't think we'd spend as much time together if it wasn't for fishing.

This stems my love for the sport. I used to fish all the time with my dad up until the day he passed away. I hope me and my son can do the same.

My daughter isn't into fishing as much as I'd like her to be. But she'll come on the boat sometimes if we're heading out for the day. She usually brings one of her girl friends and some magazines. Every now and then i can get her to take a cast or two. I don't want to force it on her if she's not interested though. I appreciate just having her around for the day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)