Slimline, what size pole?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcros

Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
First post! What size pole is needed for the Slimline AU9.
I have seen 50mm is the actual size. Which just a liitle under 2 inches. Fence post come in 1 7/8. Would that work? I was also told that electrical conduit comes in 2 inch. Would that be to big?

Thanks, Jeff

Don't forget to make sure your installer tightens the bolts real good if you are using a pole mount. The 2" pole is really a bit smaller and if the bolts aren't good and tight, the dish may spin on the pole. That's what happened to mine. I ASSUME the pole supplied with the dish is a little bit bigger.

Don't forget to make sure your installer tightens the bolts real good if you are using a pole mount. The 2" pole is really a bit smaller and if the bolts aren't good and tight, the dish may spin on the pole. That's what happened to mine. I ASSUME the pole supplied with the dish is a little bit bigger.

Didn't you buy that pole yourself?

I ordered the 12 Inch Pipe Adaptor from Solid Signal....it's 2" OD. It's been backordered, but is supposed to ship in the next day or so. I'm taking it to Lowes when it gets here and matching it up with a schedule 40 pipe, will either slip it over or into the pipe for best fit. I would think a fence post would be to flexy for the Slimline, it's like a sail catching the wind.

I discussed this with my installer when we did the install.
He noted that the pipe was a slight bit small, I used 2" fence post at least thats what the fence people said, I didn't pick it up, so I found out it was not 2" after it got home.
Anyway, he tightened as much as he could and then we put a few screws into the pipe and thru the dish mast, it acually has a few holes pre drilled in the mast already.

He said the smaller than 2" pole is common.
I haven't had any trouble with my AT-9 ....
The snow is coming and the cold IS HERE ...

Jimbo

I discussed this with my installer when we did the install.
He noted that the pipe was a slight bit small, I used 2" fence post at least thats what the fence people said, I didn't pick it up, so I found out it was not 2" after it got home.
Anyway, he tightened as much as he could and then we put a few screws into the pipe and thru the dish mast, it acually has a few holes pre drilled in the mast already.

He said the smaller than 2" pole is common.
I haven't had any trouble with my AT-9 ....
The snow is coming and the cold IS HERE ...

Jimbo

I am thinking of drilling a couple of holes in mine, too, just to be sure.

I have both an AT9 and World Direct Dish (both need 2 inch poles).

What I did with the AT9 was to wrap a little bit of duct tape around the pole to increase it's size just enough where the dish was snug.

The World Direct Dish was mounted on a galvanized pole so all I did there was left the plastic cap (used to protect the threads) on the pole and put the dish over that.

I have both an AT9 and World Direct Dish (both need 2 inch poles).

What I did with the AT9 was to wrap a little bit of duct tape around the pole to increase it's size just enough where the dish was snug.

The World Direct Dish was mounted on a galvanized pole so all I did there was left the plastic cap (used to protect the threads) on the pole and put the dish over that.

Eventually the Duct tape will disinagrate.

A for the World dish, placing over the top of the pole,
Thats what is recommended....

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)