slimline wiring for video on demand

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kappfam

Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
southeast
I purchased a Directv HD DVR recently. Today, I ran a second coax cable from the receiver to the Slimline dish in order to record. I assume that I have to remove the cover from the 5 LNB to connect the coax. Can anyone give me a hint on what I should look for when I remove the cover? Which screws need to be removed to take the cover off? I appreciate your help.

Sorry, can't help with that question. But your title mentions video on demand which doesn't use the dish at all, VoD content comes via the ethernet port on the receiver and your internet connection, ot the satellite.

OK. I'm confused. You have a Slimline but with only one line running out of it? Any chance it's a new dish and therefore might be one of the new Single Wire Management (SWM) LNB models?

To answer the first question - you're right about video on demand. The second line is for recording one thing while watching another. I currently have 2 lines running out of the dish. One is for the bedroom receiver. The other is for the new DVR. I need to connect one more line.

Take the screws that hold the LNB to the arm off... then as in the Slimline 3 attachement you will see this, run the coax thru the arm and connect (assuming you do not have the SWM)

Attachments

• Slimline 1.JPG
    Slimline 1.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 162
  • Slimline 2.JPG
    Slimline 2.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 178
  • Slimline 3.JPG
    Slimline 3.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 180
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)