sling account and HD issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kb3awq

Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
Williamsport, PA
#1 Recently we have been having some issues with the picture on a HD channel when we go to the SD channel it is fine. Tonight it happened and it was around 1230 AM EST. After a period of time it was OK again. We do have 2 dishes one is regular and one is an HD dish which is how they installed it last year. They actually point in 2 different directions, the HD dish seems to be more of a southern direction and the other is more in a south western direction. The issue is basically the picture is all wacked like if something is interfering with it but the audio comes through fine.

#2 I have the sling adapter and can watch TV from my Droid or computer but was wondering on the Dish website it says about entering my sling username and password.. How do I get this? I can log in to my dish account and do whatever. When I put my dish account username/password in this sling section it says its not right.

My Sling Devices or connect a sling box is what I am referring to.

Are you going to dishonline.com for the sling? Also, did you download the droid app? (dish remote access?)

Usually there's a password reset or ” forgot your password?” link.

As far a you're dishes go, one is probably a wing dish for you're local hd channels. I'm not sure what market you're in, but that's usually the case. If the hd channels keep going out but the sd ones are ok you may have a weak signal.

You can try menu 6-1-3 on your receiver. all satellites you are receiving will show up there and should show green under each one. Watch the status at the top left, it should say ” good” when complete.

It will still show good even with weaker signals though, so if all is good there, back out of that screen, ( done, cancel, cancel cancel)

Now go to menu 6-1-1. Check the signals on the satellites that were showing up when you were on the system info screen. Probably 119, 110, 129 & either 61.5, 72 or 77. You can change the satellites on the right there. Also transponders. Set out to 21, but scroll around. Just keep in mind not all transponders will show signal.

If 110, 119 are below 50 that's pretty weak. 129 is weaker. I'd want to see at least in the 50' s. As far aso 61.5 72 & 77 I would want minimum of 30's and that is on the low side.

Maybe if you let us know what market you're in we can let you know what kind of signal to expect because every market is a bit different. The numbers I gave you were on the really low side.

Anyway, long story short, my guess is low signal.

OK. Yeah I have the Dish app on my droid and dishonline would be if I were to watch from the laptop. I can log in to Dish just wasnt sure what the sling device login was or what the un/pw was, cause I dont remember doing that, I plugged the sling into the dish box and set up and that was about it. I have the box hard wired to the internet for a reliable signal.

I was thinking a possible weak signal for HD, I know it was with the local HD channels at least i should have tried the other ones. It normally is a great picture just ever so often it will give a fit for say a half hour maybe. I live in Williamsport, PA. Im in the Wilkes Barre/Scranton, PA market. I was trying to figure out the signal last night but it seemed everything was good.

Here is the current specs. for the 6-1-1
Zip code 17701
Dish System 500
tuner input 01
transponder 17
sat 61.5
signal says 50
locked echostar 61.5 west

it says at the top to select sat 110 or 119 though

When I did a 6-1-3 it ran its test and said signal good and the boxes was green

Last edited:
Is it the sling having hd issues our are you having hd issues straight from the receiver?

Just wondering if possibly your internet is not fast enough if it's just a sling issue.

#1 Recently we have been having some issues with the picture on a HD channel when we go to the SD channel it is fine. Tonight it happened and it was around 1230 AM EST. After a period of time it was OK again. We do have 2 dishes one is regular and one is an HD dish which is how they installed it last year. They actually point in 2 different directions, the HD dish seems to be more of a southern direction and the other is more in a south western direction. The issue is basically the picture is all wacked like if something is interfering with it but the audio comes through fine.

#2 I have the sling adapter and can watch TV from my Droid or computer but was wondering on the Dish website it says about entering my sling username and password.. How do I get this? I can log in to my dish account and do whatever. When I put my dish account username/password in this sling section it says its not right.

My Sling Devices or connect a sling box is what I am referring to.

#1 Since you have done the check switch test and it came out good. Please monitor the signal issue and if it happens again, send a PM and we will see about troubleshooting further.

#2 What you are seeing here on dishonline is how to enter your sling.com account with a sling box (not a sling adapter or 922 sling) so that you can merge the two accounts. If you do not have a sling box or if your account is showing a sling box and not adapter, please PM your account information as I will need to send a report to get your account corrected. Thank you!

Sounds like you may have a hybrid system and need to be upgraded to one of the arcs. The new dish might improve your reception. You need to be on EA or WA to get all your HD channels anyway.

Is it the sling having hd issues our are you having hd issues straight from the receiver?

Just wondering if possibly your internet is not fast enough if it's just a sling issue.

Not sure about the sling but this happens on the actual TV so receiver. A guy from work has dish and said he had the same issue about an hour sooner which I was still at work at that point but he lives a few blocks from me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)