Sling Adapter Dish Receiver 722- Streaming quality

don_b

Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
USA
I am thinking of purchasing a sling adapter to connect to 722.
Before doing so, I had a few questions.

1. If I watch my TV channels on my internal home network, would this sling adapter send data to sling/dish server and then feed that data back into my network. I talked with a Dish Care rep and he did say that the data is sent to dish servers and then routed back to home network. I can't imagine Dish/Sling designing something like this. wouldn't it take up unnecessary bandwidth on the internet?
  2. I have a Epson 8350 HD projector (1080P) and a HTPC. I have a media room that I am planning to setup on the top floor of my home. I have my dish receiver on the living room downstairs of my home. If I were to stream my TV through sling adapater, would I get 720p or 1080p? what is the streaming quality (assuming that the answer to no1 is false)
  3. Is there a buyers remorse period that Dish network offers for the sling adapter?

thanks

I am thinking of purchasing a sling adapter to connect to 722.
Before doing so, I had a few questions.

[*]If I watch my TV channels on my internal home network, would this sling adapter send data to sling/dish server and then feed that data back into my network. I talked with a Dish Care rep and he did say that the data is sent to dish servers and then routed back to home network. I can't imagine Dish/Sling designing something like this. wouldn't it take up unnecessary bandwidth on the internet?
[*]I have a Epson 8350 HD projector (1080P) and a HTPC. I have a media room that I am planning to setup on the top floor of my home. I have my dish receiver on the living room downstairs of my home. If I were to stream my TV through sling adapater, would I get 720p or 1080p? what is the streaming quality (assuming that the answer to no1 is false)
[*]Is there a buyers remorse period that Dish network offers for the sling adapter?

thanks

Yes it must connect to the sling server.

Not sure, but I would guess 720 max depending on your network speed.

I believe there is a 30 day return policy but you can confirm by logging into my dish then click on order from store,then sling then read the faqs.

A connection to Dish servers is a crying shame since you can't use it on a disconnected network. After all the handshaking that goes on before anything is displayed, the data stream does go direct across your LAN without going up and back. i've seen upwards of 9Mbps on the local LAN for HD. I have noticed less than beefy HTPCs not working acceptably for HD, so I hope you have a pretty racy HTPC or you will be sorely disappointed.

when I click "learn more" (before proceed to checkout) there is a tab for warranty/returns.. out there it says

• Includes a one (1) year warranty from the date of purchase
  • Item is not refundable

Can't find the buyers remorse policy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)