Sling adapter question

CRGibson

Original poster
Nov 14, 2009
or
New to dish this month. Have a 722k with a sling adapter. It worked fine until a 1 sec power outage. I can go into my account and the sling adapter shows "online" and I can get the guide BUT when I try the DVR for my recordings all I can get the "loading" button. I clicked on the reset and waited. Still no luck. I finally removed the usb sling adapter from the DVR and reconnected it. Problem solved.

Now the question is: why doesn't the adapter reset when the DVR is reset? I leave for a 6 week trip in 1 day and would not have a way to 'fix' the adapter if another power outages happens. Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, That's how I solved the problem. Question is what do I do when I am not home to disconnect and reconnect everything again?

Not sure if "reset" means you tried this... But from DishOnline, click on My Account, and you will see that you have a "reboot" option on your 722k. See if that does the trick.

My worry is that your Sling Adapter required power cycling before it could again be controlled, and I'm not sure the receiver ever turns off it's 5V supply even while rebooting.

Thanks for the reply. Your correct, I meant "reboot". I did the reboot and everything seems to work. I could get the guide, live tv (even change channels) and under DVR, get "MY Timers". What I could NOT get was "My Recordings". Unable to view recorded programs. After I disconnected and reconnected the usb adapter I got everything. I don't know what value the sling adapter is, if you have be home to correct a problem like this.

Obviously it's of value only when it's working. For me (and I bought it the 1st day it was released for $99), I found it not just unreliable, but extremely cumbersome to watch via web browser. Silly me I thought that situation was temporary and Dish would eventually release a standalone player. To date that has never happened, despite numerous server problems at DishOnline and unquashed bugs that continued for months. IMHO there are way too many Dish servers in between you and your receiver for this tech ever to be reliable. My Hava Platinum was designed right. You can watch it via crossover cable! No Internet connection is necessary (unless you want to view it remotely).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts