Sling Adapter underwater for 36 hours

mpcook

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Long story short, I had a flood in my basement and the Hopper and Sling adapter were fully underwater for 36 hours. :eek: Dish sent me a replacement Hopper at no charge, I returned the old one. New Hopper working great. About a week after, I finally got around to the Sling adapter and took a look at it. I removed the four screws and the pc board inside was still wet. Rinsed sludge off the internals, let it dry for about 5 days near the air conditioning register. Put the four screws back in, plugged it into the new Hopper, waiting a few seconds, it lit up. Went online and switched to the new Hopper. Watching TV on my laptop as before the flood, no problem. Sturdy little gadget, I would say. Keeps on ticking.

Funny that yours survived a flood yet one of mine died after a year of normal, climate-controlled use lol.

maybe they last longer if liquid cooled...:D
Maybe they just need a good wash, rinse and dry now and then. I did have a 722 remote that went through the washing machine and when I let it dry out, and now still, years later, it still works as my "second" remote to one of my Joeys.

Maybe they just need a good wash, rinse and dry now and then. I did have a 722 remote that went through the washing machine and when I let it dry out, and now still, years later, it still works as my "second" remote to one of my Joeys.

The gf somehow always manages to drop her remotes in the cats' water dishes, they do alright after they dry out, lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Dish Hopper Survey

Inrternational Channel 9816 Benfica Tv off air??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)