Sling Adapter & USB Wi-Fi Connector

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

panz32

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
I have the Sling Adapter hooked up to my VIP 722 DVR and since I cannot get a wired Internet connection, I bought the USB wi-fi connector and my connection signal is dreadful (about 10-25 on the meter). I use other wireless devices in my house all the time throughout the house, including nearby where my Dish adapter is and have no problems.

Has anyone else experienced problems with their USB wi-fi adapter? I am wondering if I have a defective device.

I received mu USB wireless connector last week (thx to Speedy Gonzales!). If I move it around the back of the tv my signal strength varies from 10 to 55. I'm just talking about moving it about a foot from one side of the receiver to the other.

I move the USB, then wait about 30 seconds for the signal meter to settle down and report a consistent number. Then I move it about a foot, in either direction both horizontal and vertical, and do the process again. After a few min I found the location with the strongest signal and used the included Velcro to attach it there.

There's a program on the PC called inSSIDer that shows you what the wireless spectrum is like where you are. Download and run it on a laptop near the box and look to see if maybe you should change to a different frequency channel.

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

You also might want to use the USB extension cord that came with the adapter to position it better.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Just want to say thanks to vash, I had not heard of the SlingLink before but after no success trying multiple times to reposition my wireless adapter, I bought the SlingLink and it works like a charm. No more having to worry about a connection.