Sling adapter won't work

mjsteve

Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
pittsburgh
I have a 722dvr and ordered a sling adapter and slinglink. The sling adapter never lit up nor was I able to view remotely on PC or android phone. Dish replaced my sling adapter, same problem. DVR shows that I have a broadband connection. I've called dish many times, last time they sent me a new 722DVR because they said my old one may not have had the right firmware to update my sling adapter. Needless to say I'm tired of wasting hours on the phone with technicians that have no clue what's wrong. Can you lend a hand?

If I'm not mistaken Sling Adapter does not work with Sling Link since Sling Link is for Sling Box (not adapter). On a PC you don't need software at all. Just log into you dish account, and navigate to remote access. For the Android phone be sure you're looking for the sling adapter ap (free) and not the sling box app. For all I know you may already have the correct Android app, I'm just trying to think of what could cause this off the top of my head. It seems like you'll need to enter some sort of code during initial setup too. I don't remember for sure. Anyway, hope some, or part of this helps.

I don't remember entering any code for mine to work. It lit up immediately, too.

I think you had to enter a code if you were creating an account and logging into the old dish.sling.com site. If you login with your DISH account @ dishnetwork.com, that info is just passed along automatically since it's tied into DISH's system directly.

The sling adapter will work with the sling link. I had a customer that had the same problem, after 3 adapters and 2 receivers and still no luck I believe it was something to do with her ISP.

The sling adapter will work with the sling link. I had a customer that had the same problem, after 3 adapters and 2 receivers and still no luck I believe it was something to do with her ISP.

If I understand correctly slinglink is just another Internet source, or extender. You can plug a slingbox into it, but sling adapter needs to be plugged into the DVR. As far as I know there are no receivers available for sling adapter.

The only reason I mention this is it's easy to confuse all of the sling products (adapter, box, reciever, link), which makes it possible to get the wrong configuration. Not saying this is definitely what's going on, but possible, and something to look at.

Correct. The sling link goes directly to a wall outlet and the router, the receiver should also be plugged directly to the wall. The sling adapter plugs into the USB on a 722 or 722k.

When plugging in the sling adapter you should see a pop-up on the screen telling you that it sees your sling adapter and prompting you to select "OK", your adapter will light for several seconds while it boots itself and then the light will go out. You will not see the red light come on again until you connect using "Dish Remote Access"

As for the sling link, if you already have broadband connection to your 722 you will not require the sling link, once you are satisfied that you have a broadband connection and have the sling adapter plugged in go to http://www.dish.com and login to your acct and select "Dish Remote Access" agree to the verbage there and then see if you can connect using your browser while your there, once you know it works there then your android app will work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)