Sling Adapter

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
Just how good is the Sling Adapter for long distance viewing? I am thinking about it for watching my DVR programs at work on the weekends. I would be using my smartphone as a tether to my laptop. I don't care that much about the quality of signal as much as getting a decent picture. It would not have to HD but a good SD would be fine. This way I won't have to burn DVDs at home and view them on a player. So anyone try this approach? Thanks

shodobe said:
Just how good is the Sling Adapter for long distance viewing? I am thinking about it for watching my DVR programs at work on the weekends. I would be using my smartphone as a tether to my laptop. I don't care that much about the quality of signal as much as getting a decent picture. It would not have to HD but a good SD would be fine. This way I won't have to burn DVDs at home and view them on a player. So anyone try this approach? Thanks

It will definitely do the job. And the fact that it's free in tlabout two weeks who cares.

Thanks, saw it earlier but kind of glossed over it without digesting it. Nice to know that it will be free eventually. I am excited to know that it will work for me and I can stop burning DVDs. Most of the time the movies stop right in the middle because of updating or screen saver or something. It seems I can never finish most of the movies I start. I will be able to get more out of my DVR. Thanks

Also, on the 722 there are only 2 USB ports. If I used one for my Wi-Fi then the other for my EHD, that doesn't leave one for the Adapter. Can you use a dual USB adapter or a powered multi-port USB adapter? Will there be any conflicts? Will they all work? Will I be able to access my EHD recordings remotely? Just some food for thought. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts