Sling advise

jmagill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 10, 2006
I have had the hopper for almost 2 years. I would like to incorporate a sling. What are my choices and what would be the best option?

You can buy a stand alone Slingbox which will let you do more such as access menus like you were sitting in front of your reciever. Plus you can use it on other things in the future, its not tied to DISH.

You can add the $45 Sling Adapter which lets you watch TV outside your house, but its a different experience (but works fine)

You can upgrade to a Hopper with Sling which is a faster Hopper and has the Sling features built in, plus you can transfer shows from your DVR to your tablet. The Sling Adapter does not do this.)

Out of the 3 options none are a bad choice, it just depends on what your looking to do and how much you want to spend.

Chances are you can get it for free, but you will probably have some kind of commitment.

If you plan on sticking with DISH then its a no brainer to me, as there is no better DVR out there.

I upgraded from 922 to Hopper with Sling and Joey and love it and it is great and 1 of the best DVR out there!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)