Sling and Dish

tollhaus

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
I'm not sure I understand the Dish/Sling interaction.

I have owned a slingbox (staged at a relative's house for out of market sports) for several years, so I get the Sling concept.

Can I use my 722K (hooked to broadband and registered, etc) to actually watch content online or just schedule my DVR, etc?

Dish almost makes it sound like you can, but I wasn't sure if that was only if I have both a Sling and a receiver in the same spot (both online, etc).

No. The only way to watch your 722k online is WITH Sling. Now the 922 will be another story altogther.....

Thanks, that's what I thought. So if I forget to set my DVR I can do it from anywhere. Other than that, no big deal, right?

Anyone have any luck with a Sling Classic and a VIP receiver? I wonder how complicated it'd be to get the IR blaster working with it since TV2 (the one we'd want it to work with) is set for UHF remote control.

I have a vip622 and a sling box. It works great the lag time from when i click a button on the "pretend" remote and when the actual channel changes is probably a second or two. I like to use the dish online feature to remotely schedule shows and tinker with my dvr, however I like to use the slingbox to actually watch programming remotely. On a side note I logged into my slingbox via my friends palm treo cell phone and it worked great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)