sling everywhere

hawker152

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Kansas
just got a 922 installed today. The tv part works fine. Im am unable to get the slinging stuff to work. I have the app and it acknowledges that my 922 is online and connected but when i try to watch it says it cannot locate the slingbox. On the 922 when i go to the menu and select the "sling everywhere" button it just backs out to live tv and everything stops working. THe remote doesnt work anymore and i have to restart it again. Anyone have any ideas?!!

Give it several hours. When I got mine I was able to sling in about 3 or 4 hours but the Search didn't work until the next day. It takes a 922 quite a while to get everything downloaded and sorted out so you can use it.

Are you sure your work isn't blocking P2P traffic? I can log into DISH Remote Access no problem but as soon as I try to stream a video I get a phone call from our network folks asking about a computer they are seeing on their networks sniffers trying to send/receiver P2P traffic. Which is a big no-no where I work.

Otherwise, I second myron's post. The 922 needs to sit on the network and receive a satellite signal for about a day before it will fully "wake up" and work like it's supposed to.

This reminds me of the old 721. It had to sit for a day or two before it became fully functional.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)