Sling firmware update for the 922

tomcrown1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
San Francisco
I just got an update for the sling firmware it went from 2-1-40 to 3-1-40 does anyone knows what this improved upon or what new features were added?

Well I tested the streaming and it seems to be worse on the iPhone and iPad while on the internet using my Mac book pro it is great.

Was this suppose to fix the streaming? If that what it was from a computer great from a portable device it is much worse.

Looks like on screen (under video) menu was added.

also looks like none of the commands work :(
How could they actually make it worse?

Last edited:
Sling has gone to crap for me for the past month. I have a 60/5 connection, and it will show 6 meg when streaming at home, and it will not stream hd. It will stutter n freeze up all the time. Also in the "Better" quality the picture looks a lot worse than it used to! Why the heck to they make things worse! Like I said things worked pretty well up till a month ago or so...very agitating!

mike123abc said:
The update for the iphone is on the app store now. Dated 12/13/2010
Hopefully the android update will soon follow. Right now it often has aspect ratio problems where you do not get proper widescreen when widescreen programing is being played. Sometimes (once in a blue moon) you do get the proper ratio but most of the time you don't. That is my only annoyance with the app, other than that, it works great for me.

Hopefully the android update will soon follow. Right now it often has aspect ratio problems where you do not get proper widescreen when widescreen programing is being played. Sometimes (once in a blue moon) you do get the proper ratio but most of the time you don't. That is my only annoyance with the app, other than that, it works great for me.

I can't even get the android app to start. I go into it, and it immediately exits with no error or message. Some are getting this, some get a FC, some get in but can't login, some can login but things don't work right, and for some everything works. Seems pretty random, possibly depending on phone and OS version...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)