SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
I am all signed up with the sling guide beta
and it was working fine on my iphone, however
I had to swap out my 622 and they gave me a
722. Now, when I log on it is looking for my old
receiver. How do I switch to my new receiver?

In the upper right of the screen where your old receiver ID is there is an "Add/Edit Receiver" option, next to the Welcome text....

You SHOULD be able to delete the old receiver, and to log into your account without connecting to the receiver. BUT it does NOT work that way.

There is no option to delete the old receiver and if you cannot connect to it, sling guide will kick you out and force you to log in again, ad nauseum. I have reported this as a bug in the programming.

You SHOULD be able to delete the old receiver, and to log into your account without connecting to the receiver. BUT it does NOT work that way.

There is no option to delete the old receiver and if you cannot connect to it, sling guide will kick you out and force you to log in again, ad nauseum. I have reported this as a bug in the programming.

This is correct. I reported it too. I had to replace a 622 and couldn't delete the old one.

I just resigned up with a different email address.
This time I didn't have to wait to be accepted into
the beta. It sent me an email right away. So now
I have the new receiver set up.
I will send them a report so they can fix this.

I had this same trouble and was able to add the new 722 by going through menu options 6-1-9-3. It have me a new web activation code and a URL. Accessed that URL, entered the code, and was up and running again. The old receiver can't be deleted, but at least I have access to the new one without creating a new account.

I found this procedure on the big thread on SlingGuide errors. HTH.

I had this same trouble and was able to add the new 722 by going through menu options 6-1-9-3. It have me a new web activation code and a URL. Accessed that URL, entered the code, and was up and running again. The old receiver can't be deleted, but at least I have access to the new one without creating a new account.

I found this procedure on the big thread on SlingGuide errors. HTH.

Oh yeah, you can add new receivers but you can not delete old ones.

There is now a button on the initial Connecting screen and the Add/Edit receiver screen to delete receivers from your SlingGuide account.

This is correct. I used it to delete a 622 that I just sent back. The delete button showed up in the last couple of days because it was not there the day I received my new receiver.

DT

I cant get my 722k setup. I keep getting an error, "device doesnt appear to be online".

It is online and I can view all the DishOnline items, even downloaded a couple of the free things.

(would the problem be that its hooked up to a wireless bridge to connect to my network?)

Cool! Obviously your feedback helped them to add this requested service.

Now I'll worry less about a fturure time when I'd need to replace my receiver due to some issue and not able to use the Sling service anymore without a second account.

Hey guys, can someone send me a PM or post here if its okay to post, on how to sign up for the sling beta?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)